Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
upgrading
jester_uk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2009 10:40 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
even though i have youcam 2 and i want to buy the new youcam 3, when i buy it and select upgrade to get it cheaper do i have to have version 2 installed and upgrade on top of that or uninstall youcam 2 first and then install youcam 3?
thanks
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jon,

The answer is "Yes...this is correct." You must have YouCam 2 installed to install the YouCam 3 upgrade version.

Regards,
David
Nielsen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 07, 2010 13:04 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a Samsung NC20 netbook with YouCam 2 pre-installed (OEM). I have just installed Windows 7 and upgraded the camera driver (Windows 7 (32bit), 343.2001.4001.19, Camera, Dec 04, 2009) obtained from the Samsung NC20 website.

When I boot into Windows XP Home (C: drive where YouCam was pre-installed) YouCam still works. However, when I boot into Windows 7 (D:) YouCam doesn't work, running it from the C: partition, as I suspected would be the case.)

I then downloaded and installed YouCam 3.1 (Trial) in Windows 7 (D:) and it seems to be working just fine, though I haven't tried any of its features, yet.

So, can I purchase the YouCam upgrade and do a fresh install in Windows 7, or is the only way to install YouCam 3.1 on the Windows partition is to purchased a full copy?

Hoping for the best...

- Tom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2010 13:45

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Nielsen,

This should be possible, but I cannot guarantee it.

What you should do is send an e-mail the tech support. They would, after you purchased, help you get a full build if the upgrade did not work on the Windows 7 machine.

Regards,
David