Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 Crashes
Cedric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2010 15:10 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
I have been working for two week to get PD8 to burn a DVD. In some form these program always crashes before it gets complete. I have read all the information in this forum on similar crashes. In my instance, I have found that I get less error without the patch 2508. With 2508 I get the message: Transcoding engine's front end stream error - Might be due to: 1). Broken or missing source file 2). Out of Memory of system memory.

If I unstall the program and re-load without the patch 2508 the errors go away but the system crashes at 21% complete.

I did get the program to make it through one burn to folder and got the Successful burn message but the folder did not have any VIDEO_TS files which are necessary to copy to DVD.

My System:
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz , 3.5 GB of Ram, 1.5 tb of harddrive space available, DL DVD writer.
ANY IDEAS?

ss
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Cedric,

Information is the key.
What video files are you editing?
What audio files are you using?
What have you done to try and isolate the cause of the problem?
Where are the attached screen shots to show us the:
a) displayed user interface - the timelines and the media library
b) the various error messages

Please carry out PART H. It is a simple test to check your system using the sample files which came with PD8.

Please carry out PART B. The data is required to see/check your set up thoroughly.

I understand you can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important
PART H - carry out the test
Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2010 08:01

Cedric [Avatar]
[Post New]
System config, Video content and project scope attached (due to size limitation of this message).

I have narrowed my problem down some.
1). Software fails with the updated patch v2508 even on a small file (256 meg). It always fails at 21% not matter the size of file. After re-loading without the patch it will burn (although it will sometimes say successful but will be missing some of the scenes). It will fail even on produce. Even with different menu template.
2). I am using multiple menus. One custom menu that I created for the main menu (root) and a PD program template for the sub-menus. I have tried a small portion of the project with the same menu and got it to succeed (but not with the latest patch 250. I will try it with the whole project.

COMPUTER SYSTEM:
• HP Media Center m380n
• Pentium 4 3 GHz
• 4G Ram
• 160gb Internal Harddrive, 1.5tb external Harddrive
• Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX5200
• HP DL DVD Drive

CONTENT:
• Media: Pictures (Jpeg, Png)
• Video: .Dat, Mpg (video from camera)
• Audio: Wma, Mp3

PROJECT SCOPE:
• Size: 7.2g (burning to a DL 8.5g drive).
• Scenes: 4 with 3-4 Chapters in each scene
• Subtitles: Included in each chapter
• File Size: Each PowerDirector file is 1-2 Chapters out of the 15 Chapters. There are 10 PD project files that are combined at the end.
• Menus: A Combination of Custom

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07. 2010 17:39

NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Who. It’s a very ambitious project for a Pentium 4. By the way, what OS do you have? (XP I guest). I have the same configuration in my old computer (Pentium D with XP and still doing some ambitious projects on it with PD7). So I can suggest you the following before going any further:
1. Before you start PD, end all unused programs that are running in your computer (use the task manager).
2. Stop all unwanted services (use services.msc)
2. Stop or bypass your antivirus if you have any.
3. Close Internet connection.
4. Make your computer concentrate in your program checking that your processor scheduling points to PROGRAMS and not services (Right click on My Computer/ Properties/ Advanced Tab/) and check that you have enough virtual memory.
5. Try again with your PD project
Maybe this helps
heinzb58 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2009 08:42 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Download and install the newest patch 2704 and try again. Also the graphiccard can make problems. Greetings from Switzerland
Heinz
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
I just forget those two advices.. Thanks Heinz
Cedric [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have a new computer since this post. It is a significant upgrade from the previouse computer Quad processor, 8g ram, 1.5 tb harddrive, graphic card with 1g memory.

I can get the dvd to burn but still have numerous issues, all of which I have seen on this forum.
- menu music is very scratchy (sounds like an old 45) but the music within the video is crystal clear.
- Menu drops navigational cursors if you make one change for the title, font or etc).
- have high resolution pictures and combined with regular video clips. The pictures with motion are heavily pixilated. I have read here that if you use the included backgrounds (which I am) it will convert the video to low resolution.

I have reported all of these issue to the support team to get resolution but if anyone has ideas I am open to suggestions.

Thanks!