Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The old search link didn't find anything - I suspect that the forum posts are archived away from that search engine. Thank you for trying though.

I fixed my issue by removing a suite of dvdvideosoft freeware used to encode youtube videos and convert DVD to mpg among other things. That seems to have resolved the burning issue.

I can now burn projects to disc which is a great relief.
Hi there,

I'm using a Panasonic FX01 camera which produces .mov files. The project output is acceptable except for one hopefully minor problem.

1. On any clips that feature any sort of panning, the resulting output is a video that pans in a jerky fashion. It smoothly pans for a fraction then hesitates, smoothly pans, then hesitates in a repetitive fashion until the clip ends. Similarly, if the camera is stationary but the background is moving, ie from a plane or bus, then the same effect occurs. It's almost as if the camera is being gently rocked / swayed. The original files play back ok.

Is there any way to improve on this?

2. The video output isn't as sharp as the source file. Source files are 640*480 30fps. The video is less-defined than the original.

Both issues are noticeable during the preview / edit mode and also once a file is produced.

Thanks again for any assistance.
I assume I'm not the only one with this issue, but as the forums can't be searched, I'll try posting a new thread and hope I can find a solution.

I have a 49min project composed of .mov files (from a Panasonic FX01), .avi (from a Canon Ixus 80) and .jpg files. Soundtracks added using mp3 files and the PD-supplied audio.

The "Create Disk" tab gives a project size of 3656mb to fit a standard DVD (4.7gb).

I click burn using HQ - Best Quality with Dolby Digital 2 channel selected as burn parameters.

Whether I try to burn independently to DVD or hard drive or have both selected, I get the following error at 21% of the burn process: "Burning Unsuccessful. Not enough storage is available to complete the operation".

The hard disk has either 25gb or 101 gb depending on which one I use (both internal SATA drives). The dvd disc is 4.7gb - though because the project files can't even be created - this doesn't seem to be an issue.

I have tried to burn a project using 3 "Nature" PD sample clips placed back-to-back in the timeline, and no other adjustments or additions, and end up with the same burn error.

I have tried producing the video first and then using the single video to burn a new project - same error occurs. (I used the 1080i settings to retain best video output quality - the end result is a "perfect" video clip)

System resources:
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz
2 gb DDR ram
Nvidia 8600GT / 512mb
Windows XP
PD 8 build 2508 (I have installed the 2704 patch which did nothing to correct this issue, so uninstalled the whole program and reinstalled 2508 as supplied in full by Cyberlink in response to other issues caused by earlier software - which weren't solved by the way - that's another issue!)

I cannot accept that the stated storage "error" is the cause of not being able to burn - there must be some other issue at play here.

I've been plugging away at this for the last 6-8 months with no headway being made.

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
Mike
I would like to search previous posts to see if anyone else has had my problem - problem is I can't find a search function on here???
Go to: