Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello RJAYH,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum, in case you've not been welcomed previously. Welcome, anyway! laughing

I only want to see the photos in the folder I'm actually in. I can't see anyway of doing this in PhotoDirector. It seems quite simple, in fact, what I'm looking for is the default behaviour for every other piece of sftware I know of except PhotDirector.

That's not quite true. Adobe Lightroom functions in exactly the same way as PhD. Photos stored in the top level of a folder cannot be viewed separately from photos stored in sub-folders. I'm yet to check other photo management applications.

You won't be embarrassed by anyone suggesting you "click here" or "toggle this", unless we both get embarrassed together embarassed The only thing I can suggest, for now, is to...

Go to the folder on your hard drive (not in PhD) & drop all those "top level" uncategorised photos into a sub-folder. After import, your uncategorised photos will be viewable separately in PhD. Whilst this may seem a little primitive, it's all I can suggest right now.

PIX

Sincere thanks for your prompt reply. Your suggestion is probably the route I'll go. I try to keep things in an orderly fashion, but photos from mobile phones, and quick snaps of odd things here and there, mean I get photos I'm not sure what to do with. I'm sure I'm not alone. Delete is probably the sensible thing to do, but again, I'm sure I'm not alone in having some sort of emotional connection with odds and sods and second rate photos.

Regarding Lightroom, I just gave up my subscription to that software, which is why I'm here getting familiar with PhD. I'm a keen amateur, not a professional photographer, and PhD is more than capable of matching my needs.

Many thanks
I'm using PhotoDirector 12 and in the Project tab. I have folders which reflect the structure of folders on my hard drive. In quite a few folders I have uncategorised photos which reside in the top level folder. The problem I'm having is that if I'm in a folder, every photo in the corresponding subfolders is visible too, making it difficult to see only those photos in the top level.

I only want to see the photos in the folder I'm actually in. I can't see anyway of doing this in PhotoDirector. It seems quite simple, in fact, what I'm looking for is the default behaviour for every other piece of sftware I know of except PhotDirector.

I'm expecting to be embarassed when someone tells me to toggle this or click that, but for the moment I can see no way of achieving this simple end. A clue as to how to do this would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

None of the contributing members in this thread had the problem on their systems and OP hasn't posted back with what the "missing file" was, so I'm afraid your best bet would be to contact Cyberlink tech support for assistance. You can submit a request here.

Hi

I contacted support, a couple of times in fact. They advised me of the following:

"The manual face tag option is NOT available when you selected "Show multiple" view mode to browse photos in PhotoDirector even though there is one/single photo only got selected and previewed in the preview canvas. We advise you to select the view mode as "Show one" to browse face photos, and then check the manual face tagging condition."

When in the Photo Viewer and Browser mode, which has the filmstrip along the bottom, 'Show One' is the icon at the bottom left. When I am in 'Show One', manual face tagging is available, when in 'Show Multiple' it is not.

That works for me. Hopefully it might help someone else too.
I have the exact same thing happening to me. Manual face tagging is greyed out. Can anyone advise how to reset it please
Go to: