Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Even though this thread is a little old it was about 10th in the current cue.

Anyway.. I have been using Dual Layer (DL) DVD's for many years.

I always get mine from the cheapest source on Ebay as I usually buy 300-400 at a time depending on how they are packaged. That will last about 3 months or so if I am lucky. Not all my DL burning is from using PD11. I get the ink printable so they are a little more. But 200 usually runs around 80-105 bucks or so... I seem to get Verbatum the most, and yes occasionally I will get one that is bad. Maybe 4 in 300.

No reason to spend a lot of money on DVD's if you use a lot like I do.
Hmmm... strange as my downloads are usually slow from CL, but it only took about 35 seconds for the 315 meg file to download.... I only have 12 meg service...

A LOT faster update than the old update system from all the previous versions..... as you would have to uninstall and reinstall PD every time you updated it....
I have been around CL for over 11 years... I'll pass on the ticket.... seldom does any good....
What Robert and Kevin said....

That would be cool to split a small section from a clip and have that portion go s-l-o-w m-o and then normal again.... I think I will go look.....
I'm back.... it does.....
That would work well too..... if you did not want any audio from any of the clips....
Other than stevek is correct, he also could have answered your question....

I do not believe you can do a global mute. There are several ways to eliminate audio from your video clips. Select each one separately as you put it in the timeline and you can...

mute the audio
unlink the audio then mute it separately
better.... this is what I do when I do not want the audio with a video clip..... unlink the audio from the video and delete the audio segment....
Tina you can mark it solved by adding "solved" to your title line....

Glad to hear it was solved...
I believe she is talking about this utility product. It comes bundled with some software now. I got it with something about 4 months ago but did not install it... didn't see any real need or usefulness of it... this just shows you what it is....

http://softechpark.blogspot.com/2013/06/tuneup-utilities-2013.html
Upgraded to PTG 9.... still crashes after BD burn... NOT after DVD burn or D/L DVD burn....

But it does a complete BD burn.... just crashes when you hit "OK" to go back to the main window.... everytime it does it I send the report to CL.... Have not heard anything from them. (go figure..)

Hi Barry.......

Power to go 8 crashes on exit.

I have been in the Power Director forums for years and use other brand software to burn all my stuff. I did get the Power to go to burn blue ray and found that it is the BEST so far. But there is one strange thing, when I close the program it crashes, and has done so since day one. I have reinstalled it several times and the same thing.

Not that it is a major inconvenience as I am closing it anyway, but apparently I must be the only one experiencing this.

8 year old HP Pavilion desktop.... not original condition however..... but no problems in PD11 or anything else I used to view/manipulate it.

Is it the same using one of the sample videos that are in PD11?
First blush it sounds like your computer is struggling with it in the timeline.... How long is it? When in the timeline PD renders your clips on the fly for the preview... Some computers choke on it some....

Yes the timeline is your edit window.... Your video drivers up to date? A DXDIAG would tell you (and us) whats going on.... how much drive space you have? You need a LOT.....
Not enough info. What did you use to take the video, what was it set at, will it play in your OS media player...... ect.... ect....

Please see info at bottom of my signature...
One of the rules on drivers is, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Is there something I'm missing with my current driver that an update will address? Updates carry risks.

That does not even apply to your video drivers IF you want to do the most computer intense thing you can do, which is rendering video. Nothing else stresses your computer like video editing... and the update patches that CL puts out are based on the latest drivers they could get from AMD and Nvidia and ect.... occasionally some computers do not like the new driver but the vast majority work better afterwards... the choice is yours.... almost all of us in here update our drivers the day the new ones come out.
Your computer specs on the box is not a precise example of how your computer is actually configured when running. Sounds like your SSD card is low on space or it can be your video card or both.

You need to provide the DXDIAG that Dafydd suggested to see how your computer is actually configured when running. Otherwise we are just guessing and wasting time in trying to figure it out for you.
Disregard....
I have always preferred AMD's. Only the wife's new laptop out of our 7 machines has an intel chip. Had many computers and all were AMD. Mostly because they came from Frys in pieces.... The only way to get exactly what you wanted... and was usually cheaper too, back in the cave man computing days.... Mostly from the price difference. Same computing, but the AMD was cheaper.
I'm like James........ Not sure to rule out the video card. After I changed mine I had many more options to go with the better HD resolution that I never had before. Not to mention just a better overall editing experience. Until we see a DXDIAG we can only guess anyway....
I was raised in West Texas left for 40 years and recently moved from Nevada (33 years there) back to Corsicana 40 miles south of Dallas. Everyone I am related to are in this area.

One thing you can do is send CL an email with your suggestion, and if it is a good one the forum moderators (non CL employed) can pass it along as they do occasionally....

Go to: