Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is what I have found:
Microsoft security patch 967715 (July 2009) disabled autorun for CD/DVD roms,usb drives,network drives etc. These settings can be changed by the user by modifying the registry key NoDriveTypeAutoRun located in HKEY_Current_User\software\microsoft\Windows\Current version\policies\explorer\ using Microsoft's instructions for enabling autorun for various devices.
Now before I installed PD8 I could modify these settings. After installation of PD8 the key is there but is now a Reg_binary versus what it was before Reg_DWORD and appears to contain its own unique settings.
Thanks very much. That solved the problem.
I am using the 30 day trial version of Powerdirector 8 ultra. I cannot edit the prx files as they are not associated with the program. Is this because the program is in trial mode or do you have to associate the files in file types.
Go to: