Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hey all, it's me again with (maybe?) another bug - I like PD but have to say that I experience a lot of bugs, but maybe it's because i have a lot of tracks and cuts and I'm growing out of it? It would be great to not have to learn and buy another program :/

But anyways the latest one is: I click on one video (or audio) track, and a corresponding audio/video track also gets highlighted. I can't select just the audio/video track alone without a corresponding 'random' additional track getting automatically highlighted. Of course, it's not the clip right above the audio track - no, that would be too easy right?

Rather what happens is - I make sure no tracks are selected. I make sure I'm NOT ctrl clicking, then I click on the audio track (highlighted in screenshot), then the video track above and to the right gets selected. This also means that I can't make any edits to the audio track without editing the video, which of course messes everything up, and I have to delete 20 -60 minutes of work because LOTS of tracks are working this way.

Anyway, I tried deleting the cache which didn't work. Any tips for this funky bug?

Thanks, the forum members have been very helpful thus far.

Ok have figured out a fix luckily! The tracks have somehow become linked again as video and audio. Very confusing because 1: I don't believe that I ever re-linked them. 2: they are 'linked' to a different portion of audio/video 3: visually they appear unlinked.

Anyway, phew, my whole project almost because unworkable! But working now. Just highlight the files and click either 'link/unlink audio/video', or 'unlink audio/video'.
Hey all, it's me again with (maybe?) another bug - I like PD but have to say that I experience a lot of bugs, but maybe it's because i have a lot of tracks and cuts and I'm growing out of it? It would be great to not have to learn and buy another program :/

But anyways the latest one is: I click on one video (or audio) track, and a corresponding audio/video track also gets highlighted. I can't select just the audio/video track alone without a corresponding 'random' additional track getting automatically highlighted. Of course, it's not the clip right above the audio track - no, that would be too easy right?

Rather what happens is - I make sure no tracks are selected. I make sure I'm NOT ctrl clicking, then I click on the audio track (highlighted in screenshot), then the video track above and to the right gets selected. This also means that I can't make any edits to the audio track without editing the video, which of course messes everything up, and I have to delete 20 -60 minutes of work because LOTS of tracks are working this way.

Anyway, I tried deleting the cache which didn't work. Any tips for this funky bug?

Thanks, the forum members have been very helpful thus far.
Quote Sounds like it might be the same kind of issue that was resolved here.

I also ended up trying that, and yes so far this looks like it may be working.
Thank you!
One thing that sortof works is muting the track, and then unmuting it. Also sometimes (but not always), simply dragging the clip to another empty track works. But it really makes the program unuseable because I don't really know if the extra audio will be there until I render. Very frustrating bug
Hey all, has any one experienced this before?

PD is adding an "echo" on a video track.

Playing them outside of powedirector is all fine, I know everyone is going to say for me to check my files but this is NOT what's happening. I also am resizing the video size and deleting segments (remove, fill gaps, move all clips) from videos which is seemingly related to causing the bug.

I split a track, make it smaller, and delete a section and remove gaps. What happens seemingly is that the audio that was there preivously will still get played at the previous timestamp, causing this audible echo. Really frustrating. NO there aren't any hidden tracks above or below the track that I'm working on, and there's no crossfading etc. It's just a bug. Wondering if anyone has experienced it?

Deleting and re-creating the video tracks fixed it, but then deleting a segment again causes the same issue.

What's extra weird is that if i play the project from where the echo begins, it doesn't cause the echo. However if I play before where the echo begins, it does play it (and it does get included in rendering unfortunately).
Quote Left mouse click hold with selection rectangle may help you.

Jeff

That did it thank you!
Hey all, I've been using powerdirector for a while now, and one task that I believe any modern video editing situation would entail is 'cutting' things out of the middle of a project (ie cutting out a 5 second clip, and thus shortening the entire video by 5 seconds).

In my instance, it's typical to have maybe 15 tracks and a total of - who knows - maybe 50 to 100 clips?

So I click on the video clip, split it twice, delete the 5 second part ('remove and fill gap' of course doesn't do anything since there are many clips overlapping - and if you do use it, it de-synchronizes that clip from the rest of the video tracks)

So now I have 30 clips to the right of my 5 second gap across 15 tracks. How do I select them all and move them over all at once?

Do I really have to spend 5 minutes CTRL-Clicking each tiny clip like it's 1999 or is there a faster way? Please lmk if my explanation didn't make sense.

Thanks!
Go to: