Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
IT manager here so I know about tech matters.

New laptop, just installed PowerDIrector 17 from the .exe file I downloaded upon purchase a few years back which is not corrupted as it installed fine on my first laptop years ago.

Never had trouble before, but with this new install it just will not start. It hangs immediately. First, it hangs when trying to load the sample clips. Can't get past that. So I rebooted in safe mode and was able to start it and turn off auto-loading sample clips.

Rebooted back in regular mode and it looks like it loaded fine but as soon as you click anything, here comes the loading circle and it once again just hangs.

Tried with the internet both off and on, no difference. But it does work in Safe Mode. However I can't boot to safe mode every time I want to work on a file.

Windows 11, Lenovo i7 Legion gaming laptop. Plenty of space and power.

Uninstalled then re-installed 3 times, both with and without the patches. No difference.

Any thoughts?
Go to: