Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK. Maybe someone will come up with the answer. In meantime, I am able to pick the thumbnails. Thank you for you help.
ynotfish,
Thanks for the tip. If the menu just shows the thumbnail rather than a piece of the video I can select the image I want. One thing I noticed is that the images is cropped to fit into the box selected in menu designer. Can you change the size of the thumbnail box?
Imported different titles. The video is the same subject matter, but was created in pieces.
Hi,
I created a menu in PD13 which allow selection of several video clips. Within the thumbnail of each clip, I would like to select the brief part of the video clip that that is displayed. It appears the default is to start at the beginning of the clip when "enable motion thumbnail" is selected. Although I have reviewed the tutorial and played with menu for awhile, I could not find a way to select the part of the video to appear in the thumbnail. Can you do this in PD13? Thanks.
OK. Thanks for the info. Something to keep in mind when you start a project and run into difficulties with the newer version which can have some bugs when first released. There is no going back once you discover something does not work the way you expect.
Hi,
Due to the problem with incorrect rotation and aspect ratio of portrait still and video in PD13, I decided to go back to finish the editing in PD12. Unfortunately, when I tried opening the PDS file saved in PD13 with PD12, I got a message that the file is not supported in PD12.

I thought that PDS files are backward compatible. Are there certain features of PD13 that when used make the PDS files incompatible with PD12?
Hi Troy and playsound,
Two interesting suggestions which I will try. You did verify that PD does not have the capability I want and it was not operator error (or ignorance). There are times where I want to have three or four photos on the screen with an background and after a few seconds change the photos (fade) to another set of photos in the same screen position. If can certainly used keyframe copy to get the positions, rotations, etc duplicated with each set of photos, but you have to add the borders, drop shadows, etc. to each photo which gets old by the second set of photos. Nevertheless, thanks for the suggestions.
Hi,
At times I would like to apply the same border to a number of stills and/or video clips. This can be done by choosing each still or video and applying the borders, shadows, etc. It cannot be done by selecting several clips or stills and applying the same border to all at the same time. The copy / paste keyframe works well. Is there an equivalent command for borders? Thanks.
Hi,
Often I would like to apply the same border to several stills or video clips. I have not figured out a way to do this except select each still and reproduce the border settings under the modify tab. Copy keyframe does a nice job of transferring a set of keyframes from one clip to another, but it does not transfer the border settings. Is there a more efficient way to create identical borders for many stills and/or video clips? Thanks.
Hi Carl and Tony,
Thanks for taking a look at clip. I think the work-around at this point is to use PD12. I hope this program aberration gets noted for correction in future releases.
This is the clip. I hope it is not too large
Thanks for the responses. I shot the clip with a Sony RX100M3 camera and recorded in XAVC-S format. The video from the camera when taken in that format is outstanding. Based on the two answers so far, this might be a camera dependent problem or a video format problem. Is there a way to upload the clip?
Hi,
I have been using PD13 for a few projects and came across unexpected behavior when applying borders to a video clip. I shot some video in portrait mode (turning the camera 90 degrees). It imports to and plays in PD13. I can scale the video so it is within the TV-safe zone --- still plays OK. However, when I add a border to the video, the clip gets complete squashed and loses the original aspect ratio. I tried rotating the clip 360 degrees, but the results were the same. It this a program bug or operator error?
I have done a couple of short projects with PD13. There are some nice improvements in the interfaces and the added plugins that came with Director Suite 3.(still exploring all the changes) However, there is a significant performance hit especially when using the Titler Pro 1.0. I found that it is difficult to review edits on the timeline that occur the during and after the insertion of titles. The timeline marker jumps to the end of timeline. However, the improved titling capability is appreciated.

I will continue to use PD13 and report back interesting aberrations.
I just answered my own question. The Onkyo does not all video streaming only audio. I did find the right mouse click that gave me the option to stream to the device. It works for music. Sorry to be a bother.
Hi,
PowerDVD recognizes several DLNA devices, but not my onkyo receiver. Windows 8.1 recognizes it as a DNLA. How do I get PowerDVD to add the receiver to the list of DLNA devices? I would like to send movies from my computer to the TV which is attached to an Onkyo 838 netoworked receiver. Thanks
Recently, I produced a video that used both the voice-over and music sound tracks to provide background music (no voice) for a video. The sound quality of the produced video was not very good although the tracks used were of good quality (44kHZ) sample rate and MP3 format. I did not think that the sound quality of a produced was dependent on where the sound is appears in the timeline (as part of a video track, voice track, or music track). Is this correct? If it is correct, what are the possible answers to a significant deterioration of the quality of the sound between that heard when played on the timeline and the produced sound track?
Hi Tony,
As always your answers are helpful. From you observation that there are two Note Book themes, I retraced my steps and realized that I was changing the file in the Note Book theme that I was NOT using. Once I changed the file (file name 476476) in the theme selected from the PD12 menu, the new background was correctly inserted. This approach allow background themes (and other images) to be changed (when the program does not provide that option) to a theme that better matches the "theme" of your video. For example, I am making a video of a recent visit to Beijing and wanted the background in the note book theme to have a Chinese flavor rather that the one provided.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Hi,
There several posts on the Theme Designer. None seem to address the problem I encountered. I have tried to slightly modify background in Note Book theme. The theme designer does not allow for an alternative background. However, the background jpeg file can be located under the theme program Files\cyberlink\PowerDirector12\Style. When I substituted the background picture I desired (naming it the same as the original), the theme designer does not use the substituted images. Any suggestion on getting the desired background as part of a modified theme?
Hi Carl,
I converted it to WAV format and it works normally. In the years I used PD, I have not seen this happen. Thanks for the guidance.
Go to: