Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: I'm just saying it is "by design"
That'd be 'by faulty design' - hence my intentions to get it fixed. I know what you mean and I'm definitely getting the impression Cyberlink don't want to do anything about it. I've now been told it's due to a defective mouse and referred to the mouse manufacturer! If they weren't serious it'd be laughable... I live in hope that I'll eventually get a thoughtful reply and some action on the matter.
Unfortunately the tech support 'help' provided so far isn't exactly filling me with confidence... Would you believe to check video and audio (yes audio) drivers to make sure there aren't any newer ones. The graphics driver is now newer than the official one on Intels website for the DG45ID motherboard (IGM) and the audio drivers are the most stable latest and greatest from Win 7 SP1 (both dated 2010 - not that that is remotely related to the problem). I've fired back an appropriate reply so hopefully it'll get escallated up to the next level where I'll hopefully get a more thoughtful answer...
Quote: The jumpy mouse interface is normal, not a bug
it doesn't follow standard practice as expected and that's far from 'normal'. It doesn't cause a crash or instability but I still consider it a bug. Most importantly, it needs addressing and I don't imagine it'd take very much programmer time to sort it out.
it that is one design feature I find annoying.
Glad to know I'm not alone now hopefully Cyberlink will LISTEN and fix it....
I have Power2Go v 6.0.0.3108a and I'm having problems with mouse cursor misbehaviour. On the screen which comes up when starting the program (on top of the normal program window), there are a number of icons on the top ranging from Data disk through Music disk to Disk utilities. If I have my mouse set to jump to the default button using the 'snap to' feature (using either the Windows 7 native mouse drivers or Logitechs own Setpoint software equivalent for the mouse), the mouse jumps to the first icon/button in the lower half of that screen whenever it passes over one of the icons at the top. This is not expected mouse behaviour because 'Snap to' and Logitechs equivalent, 'Smart Move' intend for the pointer to automatically jump to the active button each time you open a new window or dialog. The key point here is that when I move from left to right over the top icons, I'm not intending to open a new windows or dialog, merely to get to the icon over on the right side with the shortest possible mouse movement. The fact that different icons on the bottom are previewed, does not mean I want to choose any of them on the way!

This particular start-up screen should not have any 'default' buttons in the code - ie Snap to and Smart move etc should have no effect at all in this part of the program.

I'll submit a tech support request for Cyberlink to fix this bug and release a patch but I'm wondering if Power2Go 7 has this same issue - I don't want to have to download/instal the trial just to see if this has been addressed.
Go to: