Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi so this morning I had returned to edit a 2 hour and 32 minute long PowerDirector project on my Galaxy a20 that I have been working on for about 3 weeks. I specifically had returned to the 8th minute marker on the timeline to remove an edited video clip on the 2nd track and replace it with another edited video clip.

Due to the complications of this video project I frequently have to back out of the project I'm working on and power director app to switch to other apps like incollage,google maps,Google Earth,Google browser and xrecorder to download research screenshot record and edit content to add to the power director project. So after editing the clip at the 8 minute marker I backed out of the project and app and did exactly that.

I went to record something from Google Earth app using the Xrecorder app which I've done dozens of times before. But this time there was a technical error that prevented the recording from being played back even though it showed up on a thumbnail that represents the video file which is automatically produced at the conclusion of recording by the on the x recorder app. This same technical error happened three times in a row using the same sequence.

So I restarted the phone went back to x recorder, recorded the same thing that I was trying to record on Google Earth and this time it played back the recording within the video file as normal.

Now I had planned to add this recording to the power director project. But when I opened the app and went to my 2 hour and 32 minute long 424 KB project after restarting the phone and rerecording the video file on Xrecorder,All the files had disappeared from the project, at least from where I could view them.

I backed out of the project and saw on the power director home page that the thumbnail representing the projects still showed it as having 2 hours and 32 minutes worth of content embedded inside of it. So I connected my Android to my laptop went to projects in the CyberLink file and copied the project off my phone onto my laptop. After verifying the PDRPROJ project file copy was the same exact 424 kb size on the laptop as the original project file,I tried transferring the project to the same power director app on another phone that I have which is a moto G7 to see if I could open PowerDirector on that phone and view the project from there but on the PowerDirector home screen on my model G7 the project copy with the same name and size placed in the project folder wouldn't even show up.

I then went back to PowerDirector on the A20 and I checked several older projects that I had completed and produced into videos. Every single one of them as far as a year ago had the progress with file location still accurately saved within the older projects.

The only one where files magically disappeared was my most recent project that I was working on.

Strangely, I tried to install the PC version of PowerDirector on both of my laptops in hopes of viewing repairing or restoring the project there but for some retarded reason even after disabling my firewall, checking my hard drive storage and my internet connection an error message comes up saying that the installation download process could not complete and I need to check my internet connection and firewall. It did this on both laptops. I even switched to a different internet line and it did the same thing.

I'm not precisely sure how to check auto save on PowerDirector Android but I'm pretty sure it was running because I didn't mess with the settings and CyberLink claims that it's on by default upon installation.

I don't know what the heck is going on and why this specific project has been targeted with whatever technical error is going on but I will say that over the course of the past two weeks I had been getting another error message within the project saying that PowerDirector could not update the project. Then it asked me to restart the project.

Every time that I restarted the project everything would go back to normal the error message stopped showing and I would continue the editing process up until today.

So far all of the help videos and blogs that I can find on the internet and YouTube refer to accidentally deleted projects or relocated files within projects and most of these blogs and vlogs refer to the PC version of PowerDirector I need help with PowerDirector Android and my specific problem again our files that have disappeared from view within an existing project that still shows the same file size and amount of time as before everything disappeared.

Right now the only other thing I can think of is to copy the project to a part of the phone outside of the projects file, upload it to Google drive and then try to download it manually into the PowerDirector app that I have on my model G7 to see if anything shows up. Other than that I'm at a complete loss.

PS. As I recollect this happened once before on a different project about a month ago where files completely disappeared. The difference in the earlier case was when I backed out of the project to preview it on the PowerDirector page it previewed with all of the content that I had stored on the project even though I couldn't see any of the content files within the project.

I don't remember how or why but for some reason after previewing it I was able to go back inside of the project and the missing files magically showed up again. Also in that case I was able to run the timeline the full three and a half hour length of time that I had progressed to win this earlier incident happened even without the files showing.

In the current case I can't get a preview and the timeline scroll stops at the 10 minute default like nothing was ever added. This is what worries me.
Go to: