Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I see lots of issues with your system. First off is that the video drivers for your Intel iGPU and nVidia GTX 1650Ti are more than a year out of date.

Go to the Asus support page for your laptop and look for both under Drivers & Tools then under Graphics. I imagine there are many other updates you're missing so you may want to download and install those others while you're there.

The other main issue is the list of WindowsServicingFailures at the end of the DxDiag file where the most recent crashes are listed. If Asus has a diagnostic tool, run that and let it see if it can detect and repair any issues with your system. If you don't see that option, follow the steps shown in bold in this post.

There's also been at least one crash of the AsusSoftwareManager and that might need to be updated or uninstalled/reinstalled.

Please run through all of these steps and then try running PD and see if things go better for you.

Hi,

Just wanted to update and say that I followed your steps and advice above and for the past 2 days since, PD has not crashed once!

Thank you so much for your help, it saved me tearing my hair out!!!

I see lots of issues with your system. First off is that the video drivers for your Intel iGPU and nVidia GTX 1650Ti are more than a year out of date.

Go to the Asus support page for your laptop and look for both under Drivers & Tools then under Graphics. I imagine there are many other updates you're missing so you may want to download and install those others while you're there.

The other main issue is the list of WindowsServicingFailures at the end of the DxDiag file where the most recent crashes are listed. If Asus has a diagnostic tool, run that and let it see if it can detect and repair any issues with your system. If you don't see that option, follow the steps shown in bold in this post.

There's also been at least one crash of the AsusSoftwareManager and that might need to be updated or uninstalled/reinstalled.

Please run through all of these steps and then try running PD and see if things go better for you.

Wow, I've just got back from a work conference and am super duper suprised that you were able to advise so much from that document! And you did that solely because you wanted to help - thank you so much for even taking that time my friend! I'm not PC illiterate but I'm definitely no whiz either so that's already been helpful to look at those things - worrying that I've bought a new laptop and those things are out of date but will defintely look at what you've suggested and let you know what the outcome.

Beyond grateful!

Quote here is my dxdiag info

take a look and let me know why my PD 365 Crashes and PD 18 never crashes

I've also got the DX info attached too - My version of Power Director is 365 (21)
Quote Repeated crashes are not normal and they are almost always a sign of incompatible/outdated drivers or system stability issues.

It's probably best to start a new thread and follow the instructions in the Read Me before Posting guide, and be sure to include the DxDiag test results as they will contain critical details about your system. You can also contact CL tech support as they do not monitor posts here on the user-to-user forum

Ok brill I'll try and do that now - cheers
Hi, I am not sure whether this is the place to come to vent this frustration but I bought the PowerDirector 365 Full version two days ago - upgrading from the Free version as I I needed a PC/ Latptop video editor to edit my YouTube videos - previously using InShot on my phone.

This is a brand new ASUZ ZenBook Laptop, coire i7, Pro 15 OLED and is quick and speedy. I am absolutely baffled then, that this Power365 Director 365 KEEPS crashing!!!

For various reasons, I can be editing a 15 min video or my most recent headache, a 2 hour video - editing out unecessary audio/ video/ ZERO transitions really - just editing out unwanted bits - so various 9 second clips throughout... and it crashes! The most recent one, has lost the last 4-5 hours of editing that I've done and the only reason I bought this product was to save me time... I'm beyond disappointed and am thinking that I need to get a refund and use a different platform.

Any ideas why this is happening or what I should try and use instead?

Thanks
Go to: