Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Giving power to go a try out wiyhout success. Keep getting burn unsuccessful message eEB020BE2. Any idea what this is? Thanks.
From what I can deduce a creator may or may not provide subtitles, the owner of a channel on YouTube who bundles others' videos may or may not include those creator provided subtitles and the ones that do seem to work on PowereDVD. Auto-generated subtitles do not work on PwereDVD. Is that generally correct?

Quote Thank you, I'll do that. One phenomenon that I have noticed is when looking at CBS News for example on YouTube is that when the video starts what appears to be a script of the subtitles appears for about a second on the screen but there is no synchronization.

Thank you, I'll do that. One phenomenon that I have noticed is when looking at CBS News for example on YouTube is that when the video starts what appears to be a script of the subtitles appears for about a second on the screen but there is no synchronization.

Hello,

See the attached screenshot YTsubtitles.jpg of YouTube subtitle settings. If you click the gear icon and then select Subtitles, "auto-generated" subtitles are indicated. Creator added won't have the "auto-generated" behind it.

I am not having problems here seeing non auto-generated subtitles from this video or with lagging during streaming, so suggest you contact CyberLink about this issue:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator
vimeo disappeared from my list of sources. How do I add it back?
Coincidentally, I looked at that same video a few minutes before reading your message. When I tried it in Powere DVD, unfortunately, no subtitles. When you say regular subtitles, do you mean those added by the creator and not auto-generated? I am not sure how to tell the difference. My example is one of the Inspector Lewis episodes on the BritTV channel. I don't know if those are supplied by the creator or auto-generated.
Any idea on why the playback on the casted to Roku would be so "jerky"?

Quote Hello,

This is a known issue for auto-generated Subtitles/Closed Captions, and should be fixed in the near future. For regular subtitles, it should work. It did in my tests. For example, in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad_TEk94B9Q&t

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator
When I look at a video directly on YouTube, I can get subtitles just fine. When I look at the same video on PowerDVD on YouTube despite clicking on the primary or secondary subtitles menu, there are no subtitles. I imagine that the subtitles are on a separate track that is not getting passed to PowerDVD. Is there a remedy? I would like to do this in order to scrub the incessant ads. Maybe the scrubber is scrubbing the subtitles as well.
Quote Have you installed the Powerdvd casting channel on Roku? Check the help:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdvd/365/pc-mode/enu/05_01_00_casting-media-to-a-st.html

Dave
yea I have on a Roku streaming stik + and have captions turned in both Roku and Youtube but nada. Streaming is very jerky.
When I right click on play, there is no "play to" option, just play. How do I play a youtube video on Roku? I'm a newbee.

I figured out that you have to put the video in a playlist to get the play to function, much like spotify or itunes to burn a cd.

The problem I have now is that the subtitles don't come through to the roku device although briefly they came through in Chinese but when I changed to English, nothing. Also the playback is quite jerky. I tried lowering from HD down to SD down to LD to no avail.

Any pointers?
Go to: