Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Portrait mode videos may be used in a 16:9 timeline. See this recent post with the link on creating that enlarged effect: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84043.page .

Thanks Tomasc, worked perfectly and SO easy!
My family shoot many videos on their iPhones in portrait mode. I am trying to create movies in 16:9 but don't know how to create the effect where the background is an enalrged version of the same clip. this PD Tutorial at 1'33" uses a photo for the effect, and I cant even successfully do that!
Is there an effect somewhere in PD that automatically does that?
Thanks
Graham
Hi, I am a PD12 newbie and hope someone can give me some advice. I shot video of my son's wedding, unfortunately the backlight compensation on the camera didn't work really well and my son and his (now) wife are underexposed. I have had a little play with the features under the Fix/Enhance tab and also looked at Color Director but couldn't get a clean looking image.

I have attached a 1 minute clip, I would be so grateful if someone could guide me as to what settings I could use, in which feature, to repair it - if possible!

Thanks in Advance
(PD12 Ulitmate Suite. Windows 8 i7 4GB RAM, Nvidia Geoforce GT 635M 2GB)
Thanks tomasc, I actually am using an Asus - it was the process outlined that helped me, not the driver.
This has been solved at another post: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31652.page
Thanks gain Dave, you helped me find a solution! I couldn't figure out how to change BIOS settings, but your question pointed me in the right direction. PD11 was using the integrated graphics processor, I had to force it to use the Nvidia card. I found the solution here: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Completely-disable-Intel-HD-graphics-and-only-use-nVidia-555m/td-p/1143609
THe recommendation was:
Re: Completely disable Intel HD graphics and only use nVidia 555m [ Edited ]
Options
‎06-07-2013 01:46 PM - edited ‎06-07-2013 01:47 PM

hi Giftig,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I think that the Onboard Intel HD cannot be disable because the computer is mainly running on this Graphics,

What i would try is this
this is to let Nvidia be assigned on running the game.

The switching to the NVIDIA graphics depends on application profiles. If an application has no such profile, you can assign the graphics card manually:
Click Start and then Control Panel. Select Classic View from the left side of the window.
Double-click NVIDIA Control Panel.
Click View and next Add "Run with graphics processor" Option to Context Menu. Close the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Right-click the application title and select Run with graphics processor. Then, click High-performance NVIDIA processor.
Thanks Dave, I was puzzled b y the fact that I had an Intel Graphics Dialog pop-up. I am a bit of a novice but I will try and see if I can enable the Nvidia card. (Just a thought though, wouldn;t the Nvidia Control panel tell me the card was not enabled?)
I previously posted this (http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30765.page#168892) but received no ongoing response. Maybe I did it the wrong way.

In a nutshell: I cannot effectively render (produce) any of the movies I edit, the process takes forever. Last night I tried to produce a 43 minute MPEG 2 movie and after 14 hours only 23% was produced (screenshots of the production progress and settings screens are attached). I have tried AVI, MPEG-4 and MOV with the same result. WMV was reasonably quick and created a watchable movie but bizarrely it was in 4:3 while the project is 16:9 and created a movie that was only 23 minutes long.

I have an Asus S56C notebook Intel i7 running windows 8.1 64 bit and 4GB RAM with an nvidia Geoforce GT 635M with 2GB dedicated RAM (see all specs in attached DxDiag file). I have aplied all patches to PD11 and all driver updates. I would have thought that this system should be able to handle this, hope I am not wrong!

I am running Power Director Ultra 11.0.0.3625 Serial Number VDE131223-01

Anti-Virus: Windows Defender (for 8.1)
Codec: CamStudio Lossless Codec v 1.5
Other Video Editing: None
Burning: Windows
Background Processes: I've tried PD with everything that is not essential shut down, no luck.
I cannot see a 64bit button on dxdiag.

I have un-installed/reinstalled PD 11 twice.

From other responses on this issue on the forum I tried to roll back the nvidia driver 301.42 but got the error message it was not compatible with my system.

I would really appreciate any help you can give., it is quite urgent
Still no response on this. Barry? Anyone? I would be grateful for some help.
Thanks Barry, I should have read the sticky more carefully!
A.
PowerDirector Ultra 1.0.0.3230
SR Number: VDE130812-01
B.
I have attached the DxDiag file, unfortunately the 64 bit button didn't appear (see attached screenshot). Is that indicative of something being wrong?
Hi, I am hoping someone can help. I have MTS movies produced with a Sony HD Video camera, they are around 45min - 60 minutes long. Whenever I try and edit them (Trim and Multi trim) it is a nightmare because everything takes so long.

Today things became impossible when I completed a set of edits to make a 6'59" movie with 4 transitions and three subtitles.
I went to Produce and chose MPEG 4, clicked start, both Produced and Remaining changed to N/A and Time elapsed and Time remaining just got continuously bigger.

I clicked cancel and PD froze (had to shut down with task Manager)

I tried the same thing, with the same results, with MPEG-2, H.264 AVC, WMV & MOV

I tried using AVI and the movie produced but with bad quality.

I would have thought the specs on my notebook would have plenty (Asus with Intel Core i7 with Nvidia graphics card with 2GB onboard memory, 4GB RAM and heaps of free HD space and a 24GBSSD (thugh I am not sure if that is working!)

Have I done something wrong? Is my machine not powerful enough? Is there something I can do to fix this?

Looking forward to your hep.

Go to: