Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hi,

Let members know exactly what version of PDR you are using and does the issue still happen if you use the Regnerate Waveform option (highlight a clip, rt click, Regenerate Waveform)?

Also the type of clip may be important so the detailed specs of the clips may be useful. Use MediaInfo and attach the txt output.
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline

Cheers,
PowerDirector Moderator

I am using version 20 of PD and no, the issue does not resolve when I try the "regenerate waveform" option. When I click this nothing happens.

BTW, what about the clip do I need to know from the referenced Media Info?
I've been having a recent problem where sometimes in the editor, the video clips show the audio waveform and sometimes they do not. Editing audio using the waveform is something I need all the time.

I've searched on the topic and it seems this problem has been going on for years and I'm wondering if there's ever been a fix with Power Director and if so what.

I know there are many different cases, each specific to only that (my videos are phone footage imported into PD from my computer). Just like other features, an audio waveform should always show, 100% of the time. This is a very basic and needed feature of any editing software IMO.

The latest thing, and my specific question here is in my current edit, I've imported about 7 minutes of clips so far, all showing the waveform. Then, the next clip I add doesn't show it. I right click then click "regenerate waveform" and nothing happens. So I delete the clip and readd it. No waveform. I try importing another clip, no waveform on that one either and now, even the previous clips don't show a waveform.

I haven't tried closing PD and restarting, but IMO I shouldn't have to do that.

If it shows once, shouldn't it show all the time and why would it stop showing?

Any ideas?
Thanks
Tony
Hello all,

I've read one other thread here about this issue, but mine is a little different.

I was having this problem with Photoshop Elements but because their system requirements are 8gb of ram and I have 4gb on my laptop I discovered Power Director requirements are 4gb, so I purchased yesterday.

Now, I'm finding today, when I go to edit a video, on the 3rd clip, the audio and video get out of sync and it doesn't take them long to get far out of sync.

I'm thinking it might be my computer. However, I've been editing videos on this laptop for many, many, many years, using Photoshop Elements and there were never any problems. In fact, when I purchased this laptop 4-5 years ago, the intent was to use for video editing so the specs at that time where in line with what I was doing (if my memory is right). In fact, this problem just started happening in December.|

I'm recording on my android phone usng an app called Open Camera, which is great becuase there are lots of custom settings. After research, I was thinking that my phone is recording at a variable frame rate, and my last software needed a constant frame rate. So, I encoded each clip (very time consuming) in "handbrake" at a constant 30fps but that didn't help on Elements.

So, after starting up Power Editor I thought I'd try the orginal clips, but still the same problem. However, when I try to upload the handbrake encoded files into Power Editor, the software doesn't see any files at all. Handbrake, it seems, saves file as .m4v files and not mp4. It seems Power Editor must not recognize that format.

Now, I don't know what to do.

Here are my specs:

hp laptop
Windows 10
4 gigs ram
Intel 1.6 ghz processor

videos recorded at 1080x720p HD

I don't know any other specs such as graphics card and don't know where to find the specs on those. I have my dxdiag. file which is quite long.

I'd appreciate any help.

Tonester
Go to: