Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So I upgraded to PowerDVD 21 from PowerDVD 12 (way behind I know). And I'm watching the remastered Middle-earth films from the new box set and noticed the color difference right away isn't what it should look like. Say I put it in my PS4 and watch it on my TV on standard settings that I've never messed with, the color and everything looks great and pops and looks like the 4K versions even though it is Blu-ray. I'm currently on FotR extended disc 2 after watching The Hobbit films and FotR disc 1, and I noticed on PowerDVD 21 the color looks much more dark and with a blue tint to it. I went to the TruTheater setting and disabled the "video" option which was at default in the halfway mark, and noticed it looked less blue/dark, but still not on par with watching it on my TV. So I was wondering what settings I should do to get the standard picture the Blu-ray offer without PowerDVD making it look different? Any suggestions on what settings I should change or if I have to enable TruTheater video to change the color settings? It's just irritating me because I even brought up the film on my iPad on Movies Anywhere where I redeemed the codes for the remastered/4K films and the color and such looks amazing and matches my TV, but not on PowerDVD...
Go to: