Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

There were audio issues reported when the PD21/365 was released. In PD365 it was fixed after a few program updates that needed to be done. The PD21 can be remedied by installing a patch. See this in the sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/97788.page .It may help if no updates were done.

we are using 365...
helping my son out tonight put together our vacation trip video clips for him to compile for a YouTube video we noticed during clip transitions there would sometimes be a pop/chirp to the audio at the start of a new clip. The only way I could figure to eliminate it was to open the audio editor for the clip, and drag the volume all the way down for the first second or so of audio. This seemed to work ok but it was kind of tedious and I figured there has to be a more simple way to do this for the entire project rather than going clip by clip? Can someone point me in the right direction?
So today my son is trying to edit a video and when he goes to preview it the video is very slow and stutters. This has never happened before. The only thing that's changed is I updated our GeForce driver yesterday. What can be done?
Maybe I will try one more time with this program after I've cooled off a bit. I have a support ticket open with Cyberlink. Maybe they can help me figure out why these particular sound clips are causing the program to crash.

out of curiosity, is there a way to get this program to install on a drive other than my C: drive? In the download manager I tried changing the install location to one of my external hard drives which has a lot more space. But it kept saying the folder was invalid, incomplete or write protected. To my knowledge the drive doesn't seem to be write protected so I'm not sure why it won't let me install to another drive
Quote No, I think what they're saying is that when you install PD, you do it from an account with Admin privileges.

Any standard user accounts will then be able to use the app and download content but they won't be able to make system-level changes, like installing updates or uninstalling PD.

Standard practice, overall.

I tried installing under my admin profile. But a ton of thr sound clips I downloaded were missing when I would run the program under my sons profile. Cyberlink support made it sound like I had to then manually transfer the files to a folder in his profile. I'm just done
Well thank you all for trying to help me but I think I'm done. I'm uninstalling everything and I'm going to ask for my money back. I'm obviously way in over my head with this program. I just wanted something cool for my son to be able to use that was a little more powerful than the basic video editor that comes with Windows. This program has too many issues from what I'm experiencing and it seems like it is more complicated than I thought. If anyone has suggestions for other programs I would appreciate.
I'm trying to uninstall this entire program. Windows has treated each content pack like it's own program! Do I really have to go
uninstall every one individually? There's like a hundred of them!
I'm also being told from Cyberlink support that Power Director should be ran under an Admin. I'm sorry but there is no way I'm giving my son admin privileges just to be able to run this program properly. That is ridiculous.
Quote Glad you've made progress and thanks for all the details - especially for narrowing down the crashes to those 3 specific sound clips. Can you tell me which packs each of those clips came in?

Also, the nVidia driver for your GTX1080 is almost a year out of date, so you may want to get and install the lastest version (471.96) that was released just yesterday.

I am not sure of the packs they came in. But now I'm having additional issues. I installed the Power Director program under my windows profile, but I noticed when I log in to my son's profile, PowerDirector doesn't have anywhere near all the sound clips that it does under my profile. Also, when I click to different tabs like the "downloaded" tab I'll get a pop-up saying "the parameter is not correct".

This is getting super aggrevating. Maybe this wasn't the program for us. I don't have the time or patience to solve these constant quirks. It was meant to be a fun birthday gift and it's turning into a nightmare.
There are 3 specific sound clips that are causing the program to crash anytime I click on these sound clips and try to download them. Biyoyon01, Cat01, and Man Walking. Any time I click on these 3 the program becomes unresponsive and I'm forced to close it. I've downloaded all other sound clips with no issues except these 3.
Quote I'm sorry you had such a negative experience. Chances are that something went wrong with the installation, or more likely that there are some problems with Windows on your system that haven't shown up until PD pushed your system hard to do video editing.

Uninstalling/reinstalling is easy to do, and the next steps would be to follow the instructions shown in bold exactly as described in this post to see if they can find and repair any damage to Windows' core files.

If you still need help, you can contact CL Tech Support from this page. If you'd like more help here from fellow PD users, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer.

I went through and re-installed the program and I decided to download every sound and transition pack from the manager program. But when I go into PowerDirector, and go into Sound Clips, there are still a lot of clips that weren't downloaded. I started clicking and downloading them one-by-one.....every time I click on this sound clip titled Biyoyon01 the program locks up and I'm forced to close it. Why would just particular sound clips be causing the program to crash?
Quote I'm sorry you had such a negative experience. Chances are that something went wrong with the installation, or more likely that there are some problems with Windows on your system that haven't shown up until PD pushed your system hard to do video editing.

Uninstalling/reinstalling is easy to do, and the next steps would be to follow the instructions shown in bold exactly as described in this post to see if they can find and repair any damage to Windows' core files.

If you still need help, you can contact CL Tech Support from this page. If you'd like more help here from fellow PD users, please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer.

I also ran the sfc scan in the command prompt. It did say it found errors and fixed them. But when I went back into Power Director I still had the program crash on me when I was clicking around sound clips.
dxdiag file as requested
I just bought a 1 year subscription to Power Director for my son for a birthday gift. I was gonna surprise him with it tomorrow. Well, playing around in the program I can't keep it from crashing. Anytime I'm in the sound clips or music section and trying to either preview or even just clicking on certain sound file names, The program will lock up and windows gives me a pop up saying the program is unresponsive. I feel so ticked spending money on this thing and it's crashing already.
Go to: