Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Finally sorted by this. I overlooked something.

Many thanks for help.

Andi

Not sure on that, 21H1 actually has a memory leak fix for IE11. I believe Microsoft said active support through June 2022 for IE11 so CL has until then I guess to correct for this old technology.

Did you try to activate? I don't have 21H1 so can't verify but completely removed does not sound correct.
1) Click Start and open Settings
2) Click Apps
3) Click Optional features
4) Click Add a feature
5) Check the box next to Internet Explorer 11
6) Click Install, wait as a reboot will be required

Jeff

Finally sorted by this. I overlooked something.

Many thanks for help.

Andi
Thanks, sorted.

Found the download links now.

Andi
Quote IE is still present in 21H1. Just type IE in the search bar then click on the arrow to the right of Internet Exlporer App

Well, something is definitely different on my side.
Typing ie in the search bar does not give me any result (as I expected really, as MS said they would remove IE from 21H1).

Yes, I can open Edge, this does exist. But it seems Power Director searches for Internet Explorer explicitely when opening Links from their program.

I opened a ticket with Cyberlink, maybe they know a workaround for this...

Andi
Hi all,

maybe this is the most stupid question ever, but I am genuinely confused.

I purchased the download version of Power director 19 today.
Then I successfully registered the license and could download the management tool provided by Cyberlink. With this tool I successfully installed Power director 19 finally.
So far, so good.

But I know my license should also contain around 7 extra content packs. Where and how can I install or download them?
The Cyberlink management app does not show anything to me on that...

Thanks a lot
Andi

Not sure on that, 21H1 actually has a memory leak fix for IE11. I believe Microsoft said active support through June 2022 for IE11 so CL has until then I guess to correct for this old technology.

Did you try to activate? I don't have 21H1 so can't verify but completely removed does not sound correct.
1) Click Start and open Settings
2) Click Apps
3) Click Optional features
4) Click Add a feature
5) Check the box next to Internet Explorer 11
6) Click Install, wait as a reboot will be required

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the reply.

However, in 21H1, there is no box anymore to select "Internet Explorer 11" at step 5.
That is basically where I struggle...

Thanks
Andi
Hi all,

I am running Windows 10 21H1 (where Internet Explorer got finally removed completely).

Now, whenever I select something in Power Directors menu which would open a web link, I receive the following error only:

"You’re trying to use a feature that requires a web browser on this system. Install and enable a web browser on your PC and then try again"

I know there were solutions previously indicating an installed Internet Explorer is required for this to work. But with 21H1 I cannot bring that back.

Anyone found a workaround or solution already to this?

Thank you
Andi
Hello,

have to dig out this old thread now.

I just installed Power Director 19 on my Windows 10 (21H1) machine, and I am now facing the same issue.

The problem is: In 21H1, Internet Explorer is completely removed and cannot be reactivated.

Did someone find a solution already for this?

Thanks
Andi
Go to: