Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote See if this discussion helps.

Thanks for this! This is essentially what I'm looking for.

But I still can't figure out how to do an animated erase on an upper layer photo instead of an upper layer of just color.
I have a 3D mountain range with a trail made from GPS coordinates. I have a before picture, and a completed picture with the trail marked out. I want to use a mask to uncover the trail from beginning to end as if it were being walked.

Though it's possible to draw an animated line as a trail in paint designer, because of the mountain range and the 3D image, it doesn't compare well against the GPS trail which winds through the mountains surface. The painted line lies on top and doesn't show the elevation changes.

The trail winds quite a bit so it's not possible to do a normal left/right unmasking. In fact, I've used just about every combination of shapes, paths, and key frames to unveal the trail in mask designer, but it's just not possible to do without unvealing some other part of the trail ahead of time or some new section all at once.

If there could be an eraser line on an image, just as one can draw an animated line, that would do the trick. Any help with this is greatly appreaciated!
Go to: