Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks, Ron. I also found a little utility from Boxer Software that seems to do the trick. It's called F.A.S.T. (File Append and Split Tool):

http://www.boxersoftware.com/file-append-split-tool.htm

Apologies in advance for this newbie question:

I've created a project .. burned to DVD ... and saved the files in a folder as recommended above.

What are the steps I take to use these saved files to burn additional DVDs?
Thanks.

Actually I finally found a solution after searching through countless forums on the web. I'm going to paste what the other person posted way back in 2004. It references a different video camera than I use, but the concept is the same. Perhaps this can be of help to others who run into the same problem:

As all the camcorders having a HHD formatted in FAT, the size of a data file is limited to 4GB.

During a continious recording, the GZ-HD7 closes the current file when this limit is reached and open a new file. This 'cut' point is not well undestood by the NLE softwares when the 2 files are imported on the time-line.

In fact, at a binary level, both files contain the correct data of the recorded flow: they are really like 1 file cut in 2 --or more-- separated other files.

So, you need to merge them back into 1 file to retrieve a normal file. If you have no specialized Tool to manipulate files (having in general a merging function somewhere), you can do as in the 'old-time' a DOS merge:
- under Windows, open the 'Run' window, and type into it the program name: Command
- you are now into a new window, in text mode, running a DOS environment,
- you need to know the path where are located your files; assuming that they are into the Directory 'C:\VIDEO', you need to change your current Directory by typing: CD C:\VIDEO
- now, you need to do a binary merge by typing: COPY /B FILE1.TOD + FILE2.TOD MERGED.TOD

Note: replace FILE1.TOD and FILE2.TOD by the real names of your files, and replace MERGED.TOD with the target name of file you want. If you type the same COPY command without specifying any target name, the 2 files will be merge into the first file. The same command can be done with more files than 2: you only need to add a + FILE.TOD for each additional file you want to merge.
Thanks for your response and suggestions.

It's actually not just a matter of the camera creating breaks when I hit pause or record ... I left the camera recording for 90 continuous minutes. Unfortunately it still seems to break the recording up into clips of about 19 or 20 minutes in length on the camera's internal hard drive. When viewing the video on the camera there are no detectable gaps. However after exporting the clips to my computer and trying to merge back together with PowerDirector there are. Unfortunately this often happens right in the middle of a song ... so I don't really want to fade in & out at that point in the movie.

I am using PowerDirector 7 to edit movies taken with my JVC GZ-HD6. The JVC automatically breaks up the video into clips of about 19 minutes in length.

When I append these clips together in PowerDirector there is a noticable (albeit short) gap in the sound at the place where the clips come together. This is especially noticable since my movies are of a musical performance.

Is there some way in PowerDirector to keep this from happening?
Go to: