Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Summary;

I am trying to create a surfing video using Power Director. Thus I have many small clips, 40sec on Avg.

My workflow for surf editing involves:

1. adding the clips, then for each clip

2. trimming down to the 8seconds of action

3. Apply a pan & zoom (if needed)

4. Apply 2 splits, in the middle 2 or 3 seconds of ACTION that I want to add slow motion to. My 8 second Clip is now 3 clips (begin, middle, end)

5. Then apply a Slo Mo speed change to ONLY the middle. (see attachment 1)

Please see attachments showing example clips I edit.

In Action Director I could do step 4 & 5 with ease, without the need to Split, just simple key frame style editor this is a GREAT feature of Action Director that is not in Power Director?!!!! (see attachment 2)

I need Pan & Zoom though, so I use Power Director.

The problem in Power Director arises in Step 4 for me, as soon as I add a split the Pan and Zoom is Reset in the new clip created by the split. Clip A becomes Clip A and Clip B. The Pan Zoom from Clip A is copied to Clip B, NOT continued as I would expect. (VLLO and Kinemaster are programs that continue work as expected)

My Questions:

1. Is there a way for Power Director to continue the Pan and Zoom in split clips instead of resetting the Start and End Positions? I WANT to use your app instead of VLLO!

or

2. Can Power Director PLEASE incorporate the Speed function that is already in Action Director!!!!!?
Thanks!

Power Director is great, however for action sports like surfing it does not have flexible functionality to permit tedious and detailed slow motion action editing, or am I missing something?

Thanks!!!
Go to: