Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello,

Using the content aware removal tool should be your best option:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/photodirector/14/pc/enu/07_05_04_content_aware_removal.html

It might be a bit difficult to remove the bench from the area that has the cat's whiskers. You can try by zooming all the way in and using the brushes to only select the bench pixels. Hopefuly, PhotoDirector won't try replacing the bench pixels with whisker pixels. If it does, then this is when you can try and use clone/heal or Content Aware Clone to fine tune the fix maybe

This tutorial gives a brief overview of the tool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBO_L96gHFo&t=1s

This blog post goes into the details a bit more, but is from an older version. Let me know if you have any specific questions:

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/photodirector-photo-editing-software/131/remove-unwanted-objects-to-make-a-perfect-photo

Cheers
PhotoDirector Moderator

Hi

Thanks for getting back to me. Still struggling a bit though!

I had previously managed to remove most of the bench, it is just the white behind the whiskers that I am still struggling with.

When I use the content removal tool, I had to do the bench twice to remove it (is that correct?) and it disappeared, but the area behind the whiskers I have had to do multiple times but it has given it a sort of ghosted appearance (see Ghosted image).

So to try and get some of the background colour back in behind the whiskers, I resorted to using the cloning tool (regional adjustment), which is sort of working but difficult to work with as the cloning circles don't disappear!.

I select the cloning tool, set the size, feather and opacity, then when I am finished, I click 'Done'. But the circles don't disappear. As soon as I go back to the clone tool, they reappear - is this correct? Surely once I click 'done' the changes should be accepted (which they seem to be if I export the image) but the previous circles remain if I go back into the cloning tool and I can still edit / move them, shouldn't they disappear? Or is that correct? I would like to be able to carry on making further changes and see what is happening without the previous circles being there. See image snapshot 'Cloning Circles'.

So in order to actually see what the image looks like, I need to export it, but then it is difficult to carry on cloning to darken the area behind the whiskers. So I am having to click on 'guided' to create a new virtual copy, which is irritating and I am sure is not the right way to do it!

Do you have any idea, why when I click on 'done' the circles don't disappear? Or am I just misunderstanding how to use them?

Is there a better way to do this?

To be honest, I am learning the tool, but would still like to find the most efficient way to do this

Again any help would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Tereza
Hi
I am new to photo director and I have been trying to remove a garden bench from behind a close up of a cat's face.

I have a couple of questions:
  • I have tried cloning, but when I click done - all the circles (green and white remain), so very difficult to make the fine changes - what am I doing wrong? Each time I go back in there, they are still there!
  • The bench is also behind the cat's whiskers - so how can I remove, clone etc. a rectangle area between the whiskers to get rid of the bench? I have tried the clone tool but too difficult even with opacity and feathering to do it with a circle. I have tried the content clone tool - so I select and area then move it to between the whiskers, but nothing seems to happen, it looks just like it was before - again, not sure what I am doing wrong.

Is there a better way to remove the bench using a different tool?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really enjoying editing, but it is frustrating when I can't get it to do what I want it to do!

Thanks in advance

Tereza
Hi
I would like to add grid lines (ideally with a colour) to a photograph, so that I can practise drawing. I just couldn't work out how to do it. So any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Hi I have been asked to scan four old photos for someone making a history of their house. The photos are very old, so I am using an Epson scanner at 600dpi to scan them into a tiff format.

I have Photo Editor but have only just started photo editing so am on a bit of a learning curve!

Ideally, I would like to try and sharpen a couple of the images if that is possible and assume that I might be able to do that in PhotoDirector but can't seem to find any information, tutorials, you tube videos on how to do it with photographs.

I have been playing around, but not very successfully at the moment. So could anyone please point me in the direction of some information, tutorial or youtube that could help or advise me on what I need to do to try and sharpen the images, thanks.

Any help would be appreciated.
Go to: