Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You were right. I was so flustered this weekend worried I was going to screw this up for them that I wasn't thinking correctly when you were asking for the ORIGINAL files.

OK, I've pulled the data from the ORIGINAL files through MediaInfo (ATTACHED) and you are correct, they all are showing variable frame rates.

Examples:
Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 29.970 (29970/1000)
FPS Minimum frame rate : 28.571
FPS Maximum frame rate : 30.000 FPS

Frame rate mode : Variable
Frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Minimum frame rate : 30.000 FPS
Maximum frame rate : 31.579 FPS

OK so THESE original video files are the ones I should run through Handbrake, correct?

Also, just to clarify what I should be entering in the fields....

Dimensions tab:

• The width & height in the fields don't match the Source measurements. I assume I should change those to match the 1920x1080 source?

Video tab:

• Preset - Choose "Super HQ 1080p30 Surround"

• Framerate - Switch to "Constant Framerate"

• Avg Bitrate (kbps) - Should I do anything with this or just leave it unchecked with the 2-Pass Encoding below it checked? If I should click the Avg Bitrate, should I leave it blank? Or am I entering the different bitrates for each of the different videos? Or am I choosing 1 bitrate that all of the videos should be changed to? I was confused about this one earlier.

After that just select the Save As folder and click Start Encode, correct?
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I've pulled the data from the original files. Attached.
Thanks Jeff.

I've attached a Word doc with the MediaInfo data of the files.

I've also attached a screen shot of Handbrake with the settings I'm running the files through at now based on your advice (hopefully I understood you correctly). I've queued them all with the same settings.
Correct. It seems like the frame rates are all the same but am I correct that all the bitrates need to match as well? Right now they are all different.

You said "If you did want to match the profile to each clip, simply type in the appropriate value of each clip in the Avg Bitrate (kbps) box: Use 2174 for the Danny Center.mp4 clip for example."

If I entered the bitrate of what each of the files currently are (ex: Danny Center = 2174, Kris C Center = 5483, Tricia center = 8728 ) in the Avg Bitrate box, is that just going to save them at the same bitrate that they already are?

I just tried processing all of the files using the Preset: Super HQ 720p30 Surround and didn't touch anything else. The Framerate (FPS) was set to 30, Avg Bitrate (kbps) was unchecked.

I replaced the old files with these new files using the same file name, PowerDirector recognized them all and I produced a new video. Uploaded it to OneDrive, viewed it but the audio is still off. If I view it locally in PD its in sync.

So are you recommending doing the same with the Preset: Super HQ 720p30 Surround but to also select the Avg BitRate box and enter in the bitrate that each file is showing?

Thank you again.
I used MediaInfo to review each of the video files data. Looks like all of them have the same 29.970 FPS but the bit rates are different. I have attached a screen shot of all of the video files data with the bit rates highlighted.

I'm confused when you say to use Handbrake to "convert to an avg bitrate comparable with your source footage". I have 10 video files. There is a range from 2,174 kb/s to 15.5 Mb/s. If I'm trying to match all video files to the same bit rate, do I just pick one?

(edit: I did read a tutorial at https://engagemedia.org/help/video-compression-step-by-step-handbrake-tutorial/ which recommended "Enter an Average Bitrate (kbps) for the video between 5,000-10,000 (choose 10,000 unless you want a much higher quality video that will take longer to upload and download".)

And I assume I would enter that number in the Video tab of Handbrake next to the "Avg Bitrate (kbps)" field?

Sorry for all the questions. First time ever having to deal with this and we have 3 videos I need to get completed and submitted by Dec 4th. I appreciate all the advice so much.
Oh good to know. THANK YOU! I was dreading it. I mean, I know it would be easier to replicate the edits because now I know where and what I want in each space but... would rather not have to deal with it. haha

Unfamiliar with the bit rate side of things so I'll do a little research first and then get into it. These are the first videos I've done with this many cameras and multiple angles plus having to have one of the band mates record on her own phone remotely and send us the footage.

And also just discovering the multicam feature which made life SO much easier.

Thanks!
Yes. Everything was filmed on 2 iPhones and an iPad.

So I need to covert them in Handbrake PRIOR to editing them? Not convert the final edited piece? (ugh, just finished editing my 2nd video and am dreading having to go back and do it all again for both of them).
I produced a video and it plays fine on my computer. I uploaded it to OneDrive to share with my band and they said it was out of sync SOMETIMES but then other times they played it, it would be in sync.

I tried uploading it to Vimeo and they said the same thing happens. My band mate tried uploading it to YouTube and same thing.

I originally saved it as an MP4 but one of the other threads on here suggested trying saving it as a M2TS but the band said the same thing is happening with the M2TS file. Sometimes in sync, sometimes not.

I'm realy confused. I decided to try watching it on Vimeo on my living room TV and it looked fine.

Here is the Vimeo link: https://vimeo.com/484215881/ec69571c3b

Any ideas? Let me know if its showing in sync for you in the link above.
Thank you so much for your help and guidance. I'm disappointed that my machine is already so outdated and under powered. (sigh) I'll just run the preview at the lower resolution until I can upgrade.

And thank you for the advice on the updated drivers. I've gone ahead and updated those.
I've uploaded 3 video files in Multicam Designer in PD 365, sync'd the auto and when I play it in the preview window, the video is in slow mo.

I've read a bunch of other posts and tried all kinds of things such as:

• Disabled Shadowfiles and Deleted Shadowfiles

• Making sure everything was updated

• Rebooting

The only thing that works is lowering Timeline Preview Quality to "High Preview Resolution". Anything higher than that causes the slow mo. I'm hoping I don't have to sacrifice the quality of the preview. I know it does process correctly but, it would just be annoying to not be able to edit with clear video.

I've attached my DXDiag file as well in case that helps.
Go to: