Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am new to PowerDirector (I have 19), but I did find an easy way to convert two stereo sound channels with different content on each into a mono track. Longer-term users than me probably already know what I am going to say on this post. The scenario was a video and audio recording of a small tap dance group using a Canon XA40 Camcorder and the XLR input on the camera for sound recording. The sound was provided by an audio mixer with music on one channel and tap sounds from boundary mics on the other. The reason for two channels was so the balance between the music and the tap sounds could be adjusted post recording. When I did the editing on PD I struggled to find how to create a mono track as a combination of the two separate stereo channels. I read all the relevant forum posts on the subject but nothing seemed on target. To make this story short, I finally downloaded AudioDirector Essentials, adjusted the relative volumes of the two channels in the Edit mode then switched to the Mix mode. In that mode on the far left of the Command line is the icon for Settings. Hovering the mouse pointer over the icon shows the message "Configure audio settings in the Mix room." Here a choice can be made for channels to be Stereo or Mono. Choosing Mono combines the stereo channels into a mono track.
Go to: