Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
@JL_JL,

That does sound like it could be the problem, as these are TV recording files from a Humax Freeview recorder.

The strange thing is that I've extracted recordings from this machine and edited out the ad breaks in PD all year without this happening. It's only just started happening in the last month or so.

I'll try @tomasc's HandBrake idea to see if that works and, if not, I'll post one of the recordings here to see if anyone can figure out what's wrong with the file.

Debbie
Quote If you hover the mouse cursor over each clip you'll see a pop-up window showing the full name. Are they identical? You can also right-click on each to show Properties and also Open Folder Location. Hopefully the answer will be in what those options show.

Yes, they are identical paths and filenames.
@JL_JL

Here is the screenshot showing two instances of the same video in the media library. all I did was to drag it from File Explorer and there is definitely only one instance of that file in that folder.

When I delete the one on the left and then try to add the remaining one to the timeline, I get the error shown on the second screenshot.

Adding the one on the right to the timeline produces no error.

Debbie
Hi,

For some reason, recently Power Director has started importing two copies of the same video into the media library when I either drag a video onto the PD window or use File->Import.

I have PD 13 and haven't changed anything with it for years.

After it started happening, I tried re-installing it, but it still does the same thing.

Can anyone tell me why this might have started happening and more importantly, how to stop it from doing that?

Debbie
Go to: