Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is there anyone who, if I send my file, would burn to DVD's? I'm having a difficult time. I've tried burning in PD12 getting an error message every time. It is a large production, full of family photos, videos and music....about 5 hours long. I tried burning using the kind directions from tomasc here but it didn't work. I split the file and neither would burn within PD. I had success burning with ImgBurn however it does not open automatically and would be too difficult for family members to watch, having to watch each section individually. Menu creation before saving to folder did not translate into Video_TS file. Also, the imgBurn DVD copy will not open on DVD player connected to my tv. Is there any hope for me to get this on DVD? Thank you.
Quote Look in the location of your export folder and find the created folder that you named. View the windows folder properties and write down the exact size. It has to be less than about 4.3 GB disc size to fit in one disc. If the size is correct then use imgburn(freeware) to burn that folder to a blank dvd.

I'm using 8.5 GB DVD's and my file is 8.95 GB.....I'll see if I can trim some out to fit on one dvd before splitting in two and putting on two DVD's.
Thank you. I've watch the video and think I got it but it will not burn so I can't check to make sure. I think I'm going to try splitting in two and burning to 2 dvds.
When I start to burn I'm getting the message that my disc size 8547 is smaller than the estimated production size which is 11015. What should I do now? I do not know how to reduce the video bitrate but did change the quality selections...the only one that would burn is SmartFit...so we'll see. I appreciate any and all suggestions. Thanks.

Update: Authoring process took about 45 minutes...99% done and I get a message "Burning unsuccessful" and an unspecified error code.
I am trying to set the menu for my production. I have 7 different chapters within the menu. When I create menu I can see the chapters on the left in the create section but they do not show up on the screen. Only the root menu to play entire video is created on the screen. Is there no way to create the menu in version 12 to select the scene to play instead of having to watch the whole video?
Quote I have been able to record 4 hours on a Panasonic dvr on a 4.7 GB discs with high quality in the past. Using the info that you supplied, it looks like that you may be able to produce that 5 hour video with Dolby Digital audio with good quality according to the online bitrate calculator found here: http://silverjuke.net/public/misc/bitrate-calculator.html . See the attached is a screenshot with the relevant info that you supplied along with the explanation in red along the page.

You need to produce the video first using a custom profile created from the Mpeg-2 DVD HQ 720 x 480/60i (8Mbps) setting with the lower video bitrate of say 1700 kbps using dolby digital audio. . Place this new produced file on a timeline and add your chapters. You can go to create disc and choose the HQ 720 setting, Dolby Digital 2 Channels. Choose no menu or a menu that has many many chapter thumbnails if you want. Choose a menu with few thumbnails and you could run out of disc space. It should work.

If the disc space needed is slightly too much then you may want to burn a folder instead and use imgburn(freeware) to see if there is enough space to fit the disc. If not then reduce the video bitrate 10 to 20 % and try again until you can fit it all in.

You may want to burn say the first 1 hour to a disc to compare against the quality of the 5 hour disc to see if there is a small or a large difference in quality to your liking or satisfaction.

Thank you so much. I must admit this is all a little foreign to me but I'll work on your first suggestion this weekend. If I have to move on to the next "burn a folder" I'll be back with more questions!
Using PowerDirector12 and not updating at this time. I have searched forum here and haven't found my answers.

I have compiled old family movies, photos, and added some music tracks. My final product is almost 5 hours long. My plan was to put in chapters and burn to dvd to share with family members. Ideally I wanted this all on one dvd but not sure it's possible. Is it possible?

My next concern is rendering and whether my system can render it.

My system:

Win10 64 bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690T CPU @ 2.50GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16274MB RAM
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA GeForce 830A

This is my first time working with PowerDirector. I appreciate answers to questions above as well as advice. Should I split into 2 or 3 separate files and put each on its own DVD?
Quote Shadow files are low resolution copies of your clips that make it easier for PD to work with them. These days they're usually only needed if you're working with 4K clips and your computer isn't powerful enough to play them back smoothly.

Titles aren't affected whether you're using shadow files or not, and I'm not sure why Clip vs. Movie mode is giving you two different behaviors. This problem is only going to happen when you're previewing and it won't show up in the finished (produced) video.

If you need to see a smooth preview of the entire timeline and need the sound and high quality, you can use the Range Select tool to highlight the difficult clip. Use Produce Range, then you can replace the original clip and it's title on the timeline with the new version. See this 2016 post by tomasc if you're not familiar with Select Range.

Thanks so much for the explanation on shadow files and Range Select tool....Since my scrolling text was lengthy I split into several title windows and it now works.
I'm using PowerDirector 12 that came on my computer. I am very happy with its capabilities for my project and am unable to update at this time.

My problem is this:
At the end of my production I've added a scrolling title in the timeline to scroll ending credits over a photo that is in the top line on timeline. There is also music on the timeline. The title feature works great in clip mode. When I change to movie mode it stops where the title begins, lags for about 5 seconds, and then the music begins but the video does not begin again.

I searched here for suggestions, checked that shadow files are enabled...they are (I don't know what they are!)
and also tried viewing in lowest resolution and that didn't help.

Thank you for your help.
Go to: