Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi

I have need to create a virtual drive for a Power Director 17 ISO file ('Mount in Power2Go') as I have done many times before.

On this occasion, having chosen 'enable' and browsed for the file - and then selected a variety of available drive letters (we'll say 'G'), I keep getting the message,

'Cyberlink Power2Go could not mount the 'G' drive. Ensure that this drive is available'.

Have I got to set anything up in 'Disc Management', or am I missing a trick?

Note: using Power2Go as a stand alone, the same message appears - after which the program will not close properly.

Another afternoon wasted!

Cheers.

Keith
Quote The Sony players you listed have received good reviews as 2010-11 vintage players. They should have no problem playing user created avc h.264 encoded discs. Over the years some users use 3rd party tools to achieve a successful disc.

By Verbatim rewritable blank discs I think you mean BD-RE. I have found once they age a second quick erase in succession is necessary and then they function like new. I used them in the past but also checked Create a folder in the Final burn window.

Take one of the discs that have been freezing and use the VLC player on your pc to play it as a BD. Media/Open Disc.../Blu-ray/Play to see if it works properly. I have also found PowerDVD to be a very forgiving BD player.

In the Final burn window do your authoring and check Create a folder. Use ImgBurn freeware to burn the folder to disc. That may be necessary to get a proper burn to disc. Enable hardware encoder if it is available. This will increase the h.264 compatibility with older standalone BD players.See this post for details that worked for this user: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82678.page#post_box_340688 . You should be able to get a good h.264 encoded disc.

Thanks again for a very comprehensive reply. I will try a second erase - that sounds to be a good tip. I do always create a file before burning the disc. I rarely have a problem playing the discs on the computer.

I will try experimenting, in the future but at present I am content that the MPEG2 copies are giving me no hassle.

Cheers

Keith
Quote keefy - Glad that Jeff got you going and your problem resolved.

Would like to look up the model of Sony player that you have and check it's specifications. My Sony player has no issues with avc encoded videos up to 6 hours long.

Hi

Thanks for your willingness to help.

My main BluRay player is BDP S570, and a second one is BDP S490, but I don't think it is relevant as they have been OK for many years - and I keep the firmware current and the lasers clean.

I have been revisiting some discs that I made earlier - I think they were rendered at H624, (even short playing time ones), and on both players they are now freezing (whilst the music plays on) - at the same places. This suggests to me that the Verbatim rewritable blank discs may have become corrupt. I'm quite sure that they were OK when I 'signed them off'. I know it has been hot, but they are in a Case Logic file and out of sunlight.

Consequently, I am redoing the menus, re-rendering at MPEG-2 which hasn't let me down, and re-burning (over the top of the old version). Currently, I don't know how many I have to do. I'm just grateful that I archived the original iso files.

Nothing is ever straight forward!

Cheers

Keith
Quote Assuming WIN10,

1) Right click on your iso file and click Mount
2) Migrate in the explorer window to path BDMV/STREAM/ and copy file 00000.m2ts to a spot on your local hard drive
3) Use 00000.m2ts from local hard drive in a new PD project, like it is your source video again, redo your menu and burn new project in the settings you like

The above approach will also work from your inserted BD into your computer, just start at step 2 and use windows file explorer to migrate to the same path of the BD disc and copy the same 00000.m2ts file to a spot on your local hard drive.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I cannot thank you enough for helping me out. Re-burning the file (with redone menu) at MPEG-2 Hi Def has solved my problem.

I still would be interested to learn why H624 lets me down on the over 45 minute videos. Certainly my computer is well up for it! However, despite being rather 'particular', I can detect little difference between that and MPEG-2.

Cheers again Keith
Quote You can't reverse the process and recover the raw input files again. You can mount the iso, pull off the finished video files, and use those in a new PD project to burn as desired or you could also pull them off a burned BD disc. You will have to recreate menu structure if you had one and chapters.

I really doubt the longer or shorter finished duration affecting playback, something obviously is as you experience it, but I doubt its finished duration and buffering.

Jeff

Thank you very much for your response. I am familiar with playing the ISO file on Power DVD, but how should I 'pull them off', and what would I do with them? It would not take me too long to reconstitute my menu pages.

I suspect you are correct about my diagnoses - about why I get stuttering on the video (whilst the sound plays on) on my Sony Bluray player, but over the years, I have tried numerous options to resolve it, and reducing the H264 to MPEG2 has been the only thing that has worked for me on the longer projects.

Cheers
Keith
Hi Forum

Over many years, I have made 50+ Hi Def Bluray discs of between 30 to 60 minutes in length, (incl. music, titles, maps etc.) of our travels around the world. I have discovered that the shorter ones can be burnt (as a ISO file) at the highest quality, copied to a BluRay disc, and that they will play on my Sony player (as a well as my computer).

The longer ones, I usually have to reduce the quality MPEG2 Hi Def because, although they still play on the computer, the picture often stutters on Bluray player play back - I assume because its processor cannot buffer the data quickly enough. (I could well be wrong and stand to be corrected). These discs do actually play successfully on my quality Windows 10 desktop computer (Power DVD)

On a recent 60 minute project, I burnt it at the higher quality level by mistake, and did not check the Bluray disc on my player before deleting the project, and have subsequently found that the disc will not play on my BluRay player. The ISO file of the project and the BluRay disc both play perfectly on the computer, and I was wondering if it was possible to 'reverse process' the rendering to get the project back to AVI status so that I could import the project (as one block) back into Power Director and re render it to the lower MPEG2 HiDef quality that should play on my Bluray player.

I hope you can understand my problem. It breaks my heart after putting in so many hours work, that I am unable to play it on to my TV via my Sony BluRay player.

I have tried using a media file converter program without success.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Keith
Hi

I am trying to cast my videos from Power DVD19 to the Amazon Fire Cube - using the Power DVD app. on the Cube. The option to 'Play on' the Fire Cube is not appearing on the Power DVD drop down menu, and I was wondering if it because the Cube is connected through the Ethernet connection. (I believed that it would be a more stable signal).

I note on your instructions that 'wireless' is stated (in brackets) and wondered if the action will only work if the connection is a wireless one? Otherwise I am at a loss as to why it doesn't work.

Cheers
Keith

Thanks for the files, I got enough to at least see the specs of the main movie which could indicate the issue. It was encoded at 50p 28Mbps, that can cause lots of BD players to skip.
A few pertinent lines from your MediaInfo file:
Overall bit rate : 27.9 Mb/s
Frame rate : 50.000 FPS
Scan type : Progressive

It can occur because you selected "HD 1920x1080/50p (28Mbps)" or in some cases "Smart Fit" in the "Select the video encoding format and quality" dialog boxes of the "2D Disc" tab in the "Create Disc" module. I'd try using the "HD 1920x1080/50i (24Mbps)" setting and see if that created disc plays back correctly.

Your menu was probably in 00001.m2ts and not the 00002.m2ts file of which you provided the specs. You can simply play these files on your computer to properly identify. I have to guess as I don't know how many titles you have in your PD BD project or your menu structure.

Additionally, you could find the specs of 00000.m2ts of a disc you created and works correctly and see what they are. I'm guessing:
Overall bit rate : 25.1 Mb/s
Frame rate : 25.000 FPS
Scan type, store method : Interleaved fields
Scan order : Top Field First

The "HD 1920x1080/50i (24Mbps)" settings I suggested will encode in the above specs.

Jeff

Your detailed analysis has been very useful. I had already tried burning at the 1920x1080/50i but it still wouldn't play on the TV. I cannot really understand why this disc has given me so much angst as the parameters and choices were the same (I believe) as I have used on numerous discs that I have burnt over many years.

However, having just tried the MPEG2 1920x1080/24p option, to my delight, have found that the disc now does play on the TV. This suggests that, on this particular project the H.624 option was the culprit - but I've used it dozens of times before! Any ideas?

Once again, many thanks. I guess you are currently housebound, due to the Covid-19 virus - as we are.

Keep well.

Keith

I only asked for the MediaInfo (https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo) of the files so one could see how they were encoded. The reason I ask is multifold:
1) Some BD players have trouble when the menu and major title are different fps
2) Some BD players have trouble when the major title is encoded in 60p, 28Mbps vs more standard 24Mbps
3) Some BD players have trouble with H.264 encoding, if so, maybe MPEG2 would work

I've attached a MediaInfo example of a 00000.m2ts file I just created, this is the info I am looking for.

This forum can't support large attachments, the info I'm after to try and help you is very small in size.

Jeff

Thanks again for you patience and you willingness to help. I was not aware of the Mediainfo prog. which accounted for my vagueness. I hope the att. files might help find a solution.

I have just burnt the file/disc again with Hardware Acc. ticked in the 'Preferences' but once again, it plays on the computer but not on the TV. I'll try MPEG 2, although the H.264 has always worked in the past.

Keith
Quote Rather than the iso, you say you burned a BD, I was asking for the files from the BD as that's what you are trying to play in your Sony BD player. The two files are in \BDMV\STREAM\ and will look like 00000.m2ts, 00001.m2ts.....so on depending what type of menu and such you selected. Play the files to find your main content and a menu content file. 00000.m2ts will be one of your main videos.

Jeff

Sorry for me misunderstanding you, and thanks again for following up.

I found the files, but the main film one, 00000m2ts is 13,244,484KB in size, and looks as if would take several hours to upload. The Root menu one 00002.m2ts is 12KM.

Do you still want me to send them?

Keith
Quote For a possible clue, post the MediaInfo of two files, one your movie and a two a menu video file from the BDMV folder on the BD.

Jeff

Hi Jeff

I'm very grateful for your input, but having opened the BluRay iso file, I see only BDMV & Certificate folders. Opening the BDMV doesn't give me a 'menu video' file, and the Certificate one is empty. Also, I cannot locate the 'movie' media info.

Maybe you could help me further by indicating where I can find the two files you requested?

I have no issue with Power Director, as it clearly has done what was expected of it. The question really relates to my experience of not being able to play the Blu Ray disc on our Sony player, noting that it has always worked perfectly thus far.

Cheers
Keith
Hi all

As a very long term user of Power Director, I was begining to feel that I knew most of the answers to the usual problems that users experience, but I have currently hit a wall! In recent years, I have travelled the world, and have developed a tried & tested formula of producing movies of the journeys, as 'personal memory stimulators'. My efforts are normally about 45-55 minutes in length, made up of hi-def video/still and GoPro movie content - including Google maps, route, music (edited to fit), menu and a line of text explaining the visuals.

After several week's work, I make two iso files and after a final check, burn a DVD and a BluRay at the highest quality on offer from PD (on Power2Go). My latest, the longest yet - at 65 minutes is giving me the level of grief that only PD users know, when things go pear-shaped.

Both DVD and Hi Def isos play on the computer, and the DVD plays on my Sony BluRay player as normal. The Hi Def iso plays on the computer, but the 'hard' disc will not play on the BR player - picture freezing every 10-15 seconds whilst the music sountrack plays on. I have tried reducing the HiDef quality on burning the iso and also copying the project to a fresh timeline without yet being able to watch the 'Majestic Mekong' on our big screen.

The only thing I haven't tried is splitting the 12.8GB project into two parts/BluRay discs. i.e. Maybe the BluRay player cannot handle the size, as it is 7 minutes longer than anything I have produced before. That will be my next job!

Any ideas will be gratefully recieved, before I pull out what little hair I have left.

Keith

I assume by this statement you mean the two setting in pref > Hardware Acceleration ?

How have you set "Enable video hardware encoder" at the bottom of the "Burn in 2D" tab when creating the BD? It's a feature that will be available in H.264 burn but not MPEG-2 which might be the culprit, and yes, the behavior in PD can be a function of the GPU drivers used.

Jeff

Jeff, you are my new best friend. Thank you so much. All it took was a tick in the box!

Happy New Year

Keith
Hi All

I have used PD for many years, using the same criteria/settings and technique to achieve excellent results.

In the last week I have spent hours trying to test and evaluate a problem that has arisen when using H.264 (as one of the parameters) in burning a project for BluRay. No matter what menu I use, I end up with a green horizintal line across the centre of the 'still' used as the menu photo, and as the menu cycles, a bump noise can be heard on restart. This happens whether 'Hardware Acc. is on or off.

There is no problem burning DVDs, or BluRays at MPEG.2 quality. I have done numerous short test projects to get to this position, and wonder if an update to my graphics card may be the culprit.

i.e. Radeon RX580 (Driver date: 16/12/2019, Version 26.20.15003.5016)

Thank you for your time.

Keith
Quote A 55 min pal DVD at 25 fps does fit a 4.7 GB DVD can have good video quality if you know and follow a few rules. Be sure that you choose Dolby Digital and not LPCM for audio. This gives about another 1 Mbps encoding headroom for the video. Make sure your menu is not so complex that it takes up all the space needed to encode the video. Smart fit is not needed if the above rules are followed. Go directly from the timeline to Create Disc. Skip the Produce altogether to avoid a second reencoding which reduces sharpness.

Hi Tomasc

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I realise that it is possible to get a 55 minute DVD if the frame rate is 25, but because on this occassion (the first time since 200, I have produced the projects at 50fps - there is a lot of GoPro footage that appears to be smoother at 50fps.
I have been editing these 5 discs for many months, and am stuck with my frame rate decision - even it is not wise.

The compression rate of Smart Fix or the other option available (720x576) for a 4.7GB DVD looks terrible and my question still remains as to whether using 8.5GB DVDs will give the capacity to enable a better quality result. Note; changing the capacity in the DVD selection box does not appear to make any differece to the compression options avaiable.

I guess it is too late to simply change the 'Preferences' to 25fps at this late stage. Presumably it should be set at the start of the project. I can't try it at present cause I'm burning a BR.

I appreciate you advice.

Keith
Hi

I have just completed several long projects that exceed the 4.7GB normal DVD capacity. ie HD, 55minutes in length and 50 fps.

For myself, I would burn to BluRay in order to retain the quality, and have no issue, but I often send DVD copies friends (who don't have BR players). I have tried burning to the standard size, DVD, using Smart Fit, but not only is the quality very poor, there are many clips that appear squashed (ratio change) - although I cant work out why one clip is OK and the next is distorted (from the same camera).

I've noticed that my disc burners installed in my computer cannot hande the Dual layer requirement, but I have an external Samsung burner drive that does, so I am going to give it a go when my 8.5GB DVD+R discs arrive.

I note that when I select 8.5gb DVD on the 'Create Disc' page, I still only get HQ 720x576/50i (9.5 Mbps) or Smart Fit as I did with the 4.7GB selection. I would have expected to have a greater choice of options showing better quality/less compression.

Maybe the Smart Fit will automatically take care of this, but I have my doubts.
(I don't want to break the projects into smaller files and I need to retain the menus created)

Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks.
Keith

As StevenG has already pointed out, Sony BD players does have problems with some created discs. You can produce compliant disc that work with the Sony players. Obviously you made a change in your settings that cause this as they were successful in the past.

One thing you can try is to enable Hardware encoding in the Final burn window with either Intel or AMD cards and you should be successful.

Many thanks. I'll try the hardware encoding. I have an AMD card.

Keith
Quote Sony disc players are notorious for not liking home-burned discs.

But that said, put the BluRay into your computer's disc player. Does it play okay on your computer?

If so, then you know the problem is with either the disc itself or with your DVD player.

If the disc plays fine on your computer, then it is not a software issue. PowerDirector has done its job.

Many thanks for your comments.

The discs do play on the computer, but it seems odd that after burning discs like this for many years and playing them without issue both my Sony players are saying 'No' at the same time! Besides, I would never choose to watch a BluRay disc on the computer. I guess that it would be safe to assume that as the disc plays on the computer, it must be OK.

I take your point about the the fact that it 'must' be the disc or the player, but the problem still exists, and I haven't got a solution.

I will try playing it on another BR player when I get the opportunity, but I would put money on the fact that the same thing will happen!

Cheers

Keith
Hi all

I have been a regular user of PD since the beginning and consider myself reasonably experienced at solving every day problems, but this one has got me beat.

Problem:

One of my 'holiday', 50 minute Bluray movies that I am working on has a series of 3 clips - total of 4 minutes (around the 40 minute mark) that freeze on playback - but the sound plays on. This occurs on both my two Sony BluRay players only.

i.e it plays OK on the computer, and a DVD copy plays OK on the BR player and the computer. It first appeared when I was editing on my 'old' computer (which really struggled), and migrated to my new (super fast computer, designed with PD in mind) - with a fresh reinstall of the PD16.

Things tried:

I have removed the offending clips, left a hole and repositioned them at the end of the project and found that they play OK in the new position - so it is probably not a corruption on the clips.

I have copy & pasted the entire project on to a fresh timelime but the problem remains.

I have removed the 'sticky' clips (and moved everything along) to find that the freezing now occurs on other clips that have taken the same place on the timeline.

I have tried using a fresh BR rewritable disc, but it still happens. I haven't tried a 'write once disc' yet.

Thoughts:

I have ruled out problems with my BR players as it happens on both of them.

It seems as though there is a corruption on the time line, but how can it be when it still appears after I copy & paste to a 'new project'.

I have produced dozens of successful BR & DVD discs over the years and they play on the computer and my Sony BR players with no issue.

I am unclear about the workings of rendering/burning operation. I believe that once rendered, the same clips are by passed the next time the process is repeated, and wonder if is possible to set the preferences to ensure that the the entire project is processed as if for the first time.

Other than that, I am desperate to get to the bottom of it! (Yes, my drivers are up to date, and having the issue span two computers, it cannot be linked to a set up problem.

I have not tried writing the project to file, as I need the menu facility.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Keith

I have a similar problem to this and was looking in the forum for a solution when I found this thread.
When I use the zoom feature it is not smooth and suddenly jumps to the squashed situation you describe. When I preview the video in PD it works perfectly but when I render to ANY format it happens not just DVD.

After reading your post I wonder if it is an installed codec issue...

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

Hello

I agree with you that it is comforting to know that one is not alone, and in this case, I evenutally found a solution that worked for me.

My project actually consisted of two types of frame rate, ie. a camcorder at 25fps, and a GoPro that recorded at 50fps. I deduced that my 'distortion' was happening only on the GoPro clips. My experimenting in an effort to find a solution, led me to change the Frame Rate in the 'Preferences' to 50fps (from 25fps), and I am delighted to say that it did the trick.

I hope that it works for you too.

K
Go to: