Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote The handles available in the PD20 Audio Speed tool are less flexible as one could expect also in comparison with the Audio Duration feature of AudioDirector. The PD20 manual is very brief in its explanation, but is adds:
Note: you can also hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then click and drag the edge of an audio clip on the timeline to manually change its speed to fit your required duration.
With some brief tests I did, it becomes apparent that a) you can easily adjust the audio frame by frame to e.g., the end of a clip just by dragging the end of the audio clip as described. and b) it gives a reasonable result as long as duration change is not large. Large changes will give distortion of the sound.
It would be good to report the issue as optodata suggests. Obviously this tools needs some more work.

Thanks for the response.
Yes, I have tried to use the tip you mentioned above and generally it does work, but the issue I had with that, as you said, it can introduce distortions into the sound. Luckily it's not too much of an issue for me right now as I usually replace the audio on the most significant changes in speed. But something to be aware of...thanks again! I will report, indeed!
Quote I don't think I've used the Audio Speed tool before. I've used the Video Speed tool plenty of times and it works as expected in the new PD365, but I see exactly what you're describing when it comes to an audio-only clip.

This looks like a bug to me, and it's also interesting that you can't type in a value in the Speed multiplier box. You can, however, type in a Modified audio length value and PD will set the slider and multiplier boxes to match, like this:

If you need to specify the clip's duration, this is the easiest way to go. If you'd normally set the slider or type in a multiplier, you'll need to calculate the modified length for each clip or go with trial & error to hone in on the ideal setting.

Please report the issue directly to CL from this page and be sure to include a link to this discussion so they can see what's happened here.

Thanks, I can work around this issue, but being able to type in the exact figure means it's a constant and uniform speed throughout the project! Thanks for confirming the issue and I will report it.
Since the update to PD20 I don't seem to be able to change Audio Speed (in Tools) to anything other than 1.0x to 10.0x - not able to use intermediate speeds like 2.33x or 1.5x - in PD19 this was possible - In PD20 it still says you can "keep audio pitch (0.1x to 10x only)" but you can't select anything but those ten settings!
This is possible if you change the speed of the video or both video and audio tracks together (This does not preserve audio pitch though,) but not possible if you just want to change just the audio speed, inexplicably!
This feature is crucial in most of my projects - Am I missing something?
Go to: