Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm having the same issues. The overlay will not go away. The black (proper) control bar at the bottom pops up briefly and then it turns to the limited blue one as shown here. None of the buttons even work on the blue one.

https://imgur.com/a/1DZ3raW

RTX 2080Ti driver 456.38, Windows 10

Trying to play a BDVM folder.

Happens in windowed or full screen. Moved the mouse to various places and waited. Nothing helps. Randomly after about 10-15 times of trying, it did work. The black bar at the bottom was present with all the controls.

My experience with this software has not been good so far. Nothing but problems and of course NO RESPONSE TO THIS post in 2 weeks. This is not free software. We paid for this.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!
EDIT: So I've come to find out that only Intel GPUs after a certain generation are capable of playing the discs. I'd like to shake the hands of the geniuses that came up with this brilliant idea.

I would still like to know why the picture is ridiculously dark in PowerDVD but not on VLC.

-------

I bought and downloaded PowerDVD 20 Ultra today (which I'm regretting). Getting this error code trying to play the BumbleBee 4K Blu Ray.

I have a 2080 Ti and I just installed the latest drivers today.

I ripped the complete disc to a bdmv folder and the image is so dark it's unwatchable. See the comparison to VLC here: https://imgur.com/a/hHg7s3V I'm on a non-HDR monitor and I said "disable HDR" when the prompt came up.

(sorry, had to picture with my phone because of copy protection nonsense not allowing screenshots)

I am unable to change the brightness in the video settings because it's grayed out.

In summary:

1. I have the latest GPU with the latest drivers. Why am I getting this error?

2. Why is the picture so dark for 4K bdmv folder playback on a non-HDR monitor?

I'm currently regretting this purchase and considering requesting a refund. I only bought this to be able to backup and play my 4K movie collection and I can't do that.
Go to: