Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote To fill the canvas you should record in 16:9 so whatever content is on the sides of your game is present. If there isn't other content there, or if you already have 9:16 recordings and want to create 16:9 video, you'll have to create a background (images or video) and then add your 9:16 clip on a lower track to show "in front of" the background..

Use the corner controls in the preview window or the Scale controls in the PiP Designer tool after you drag your 9:16 clip to the timeline so that it's full height and centered horizontally.

Many thanks - Perfect!
I think I know what he means - I upload vids to youtube, namely Clash Royale gameplays, however, I edit 9:16 to make it fullscreen but would like a 16:9 canvas if that make sense? Check the following videos, the first is mine and the second is another youtuber's. Would have inserted images but not sure how to insert images from device to here, anyway I want:

From this

To this

Would I need to edit in 16:9 to get the desired effect? And how to fill the canvas so I have images on both sides of the video?

Many thanks to anyone who can help, it's probably a really simple solution, I just don't see it
Go to: