Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote If you are using shadow files try turning them off if your computer is capable. Several have had issues with reopening PD shortly after close, some have to wait several minutes for some processes to terminate, can be especially true with shadow files active.

If you need shadow files to lower the editing load because of many PIP's simultaneously, I'd suggest to resample source footage to appropriate size based on likely screen space size the clip would occupy to lower editing load.

Jeff

Thanks for the ideas. This first project I did involved 24 video clips from various sources that ranged from 100 - 500 MB each. My PC is an I5 Processor with 16 GB RAM, a 1 TB solid state system drive, and a 2 TB data drive. It started choking on all the data when I got up around 15 clips. I finally exported the 24 tracks to 1 file and then used that one to finish the project.
Hello again. I just spent about 30 hours editing one of those multi frame music videos that are all the rage now for a community band that I play in. It was quite a learning experience as I just started using PD a few weeks ago and really had no experience with video editing in general before that, unless you count Windows Movie Maker.

So here are a couple of things that I have had trouble with -

When I close PD, it won't re-open until I log off of my Windows session and log back in. Very annoying.

Sometimes when I add a new video or audio clip to the timeline, PD does not display the wave form, which makes lining things up nearly impossible. Sometimes this corrects itself when I close and re-open PC (after logging out and it) and sometimes it does not.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

Thank you.
Greetings all!

Is there a way to do scrolling credits without the annoying shamrocks floating around? That seems to be the only template for scrolling credits I can find in PD.

Also, is there any way to get rid of the default clips that show up in the media library every time I start a new project? My music videos are not likey to need a shot of a dude skateboarding.

Thanks!
Hey everybody - new guy here. I just started using PD a couple of weeks ago.

I am working on a multi track music video for my community band that is going to have about 25 tracks by the time I am done. I have mixed the audio in Cakewalk and and using one master audio track. So once I have positioned the clip for each player to line up with the master audio, I am unlinking the audio track and then deleting it. It there any way to hide the unused audio track space? I need all the screen space I can get for this thing and those empty audio tracks are taking up a lot of room.

Also, is there any way to hide tracks that you are not working on in order to get some more screen space? That is normal in audio editing, but I am kind of new to the video thing.

Thanks!
Go to: