Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you move clips be entering the time they start at?

My project has 4 cameras and I'm trying to get their times to match. So Track 1 is camera 1 and Track 2 is camera 2. I need camera 1 to start at 00:24:09 and the drag is just snapping wherever it feels like snapping.
Audiodirector won't show the other tracks either.
Quote If you have separate files for each video you will add them one by one to the timeline, using one or more tracks.
To add a screenshot, image here add folder using the button, Attachments

They are a single MP4 file with multiple audio tracks within. Thats why I'm confused that Sony Vegas can see all of them simply by adding the single MP4.

Edit:

Xsplit has a very simple editor in "Beta" that can select the different tracks but its not sufficient enough for proper editing.
Hello, I'm wondering if I've just been doing something wrong.

For background I record my screen with an app called Xsplit and it creates multi-track recordings. Recently I started demoing alternative editing software as I'm reviewing if I wish to continue with Xsplit and Powerdirector or move to new software when my subscription ends.

I noticed that when using Powerdirector that my recording is one line only when added to the timeline.

When testing Sony Vegas that same clip shows all the tracks in the timeline.

Have I just missed a setting in powerdirector?

I'd attach a photo but this forum wants a url and I'm not going to waste my time looking for a way to share it.
Quote You're right. It's not overmodulation.

Might be worth ensuring that your audio drivers and the drivers for your headset are up to date or refreshed. Or that the drivers are provided by the manufacturer rather than Windows.

It's a software issue -- probably related to your operating system rather than PowerDirector. (Otherwise we'd all be dealing with it.) Though I'm not sure what else to do about it.

Thanks, that at least helps be to understand its probably not something I did. I wonder what the next steps should be.

I just uninstalled and deleted the audio drivers, Logitec (Yeti) and Nividia drivers are installed. Nothing has fixed the preview as of yet.

Tested via two outputs; headset and monitor speaker.

I'm not sure xSplit recorded it as clear as I hear it in the headset but this is the best way to show it.

https://youtu.be/ad-XhRraS7Y

At the end you'll see that the final production came out fine. I just have no explination for why the preview in edit makes it sound horible, because I expected it to be bad from that preview.
Quote Can you share a sample showing this issue? YouTube will do.

I'm not sure xSplit recorded it as clear as I hear it in the headset but this is the best way to show it.

https://youtu.be/ad-XhRraS7Y
So I was wondering if this is a bug. I recently made a recording and made a mistake in the mic gain that resulted in the audio peeking (yellow tics in the wave). So I fixed the gain in powerdirector audio mixing room but the sample kept playing a scratchy horrible sound on the peeks.

So I opened the Audio Editor trying dynamic range compression. The preview from that tool sounded fine. Accept the changes and play it again, horrible scratchy sound.

I never use the render preview button because I don't know what it does but I pressed it this time, let it process. Same horrible scratchy sound.

After an hour of trying stuff I gave up and added overlays apologizing for the audio burps.

Hit produce and the finished video's audio was perfectly fine. So the overlay was pointless and I had to remove it because it was just silly now.

So I guess my question here is what did I do wrong when I tried to preview my video? Or is there a bug listening to the audio before we send it to produce?

Hi,

I'm sure Tomasc understands the concept and offered a couple of starting points.

When you drag the effect to the clip, you will see a new Effect button appear, selecting that will give you access to any effect you have applied and their respective controls. For Solarize, you have a 0-255 slider range.

Using an RBG colour chart and an inverted RGB colour chart for comparison, setting the value to 0 appears to give a correct colour inversion.

If you need to change colours to monochrome you will also have to set the Fix/Enhance>Color Adjustment>Saturation to 0

Is this what you require?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Perhaps my reply was a bit harsh, the learning curve is not as easy as Share Factory or KineMaster.

Lets assume your talking to a person who has never used this software for more than making multiple videos into one video. I mean I only just learned how to add text overlays and not even in a way that looks good.

Where does this button appear? This might be the sloution I just don't see what I'm suposed to do for these settings. A picture would help greatly if that is possible.

You need to explain in detail what you are looking for. There is a threshold setting in Solarize. Move the slider to 0. For Black and White inversion also go to the Color correction/Saturation and set it to 0. Let us know if that works for you...

I don't even know what that means, I see no settings to the effect. Its just drag to video... You have to explain how to do that. Like how I said I want black to = white, an exact inversion of colors. I don't know how to detail that any better. Google photo negative if you don't understand.
I have a video I'd like to do a color invertion to, like a photo negative. Black to white, ect.

What effect does that? Nothing appears to do what I'm looking for. An old thread said to use Solorize but that is not the effect I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance.
Go to: