Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
tomasc,

That did the trick! Thank you! I had never paid attention to "AutoPlay" on the Control Panel. I am surprised that changing the defaults did not also change those selections. The attached file show what those selections were before I changed them.
tomasc,

I should have mentioned that I did try that. Windows 10 Settings has:
"Apps and Features" for Music Player already has Windows Media Player listed.
"Choose default apps by file type" 'CD Audio Track ' for .cda has Windows Media Player listed.
"Choose default apps by protocol" DLNA-PLAYSINGLE has Windows Media Player listed.
"Choose default apps by protocol" MMS has Windows Media Player listed.

The "Set File Association" button in PowerDVD 18 Settings (Gear icon) only starts the Windows 10 "Default apps" settings.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling PowerDVD 18. After reboot, Audio CDs still launch PowerDVD 18.
Audio CDs start PowerDVD Player 18. I want them to launch Windows Media Player instead. How can I get this to happen?

System: Dell XPS 8920
Windows 10 Home version 1909 build 18363.959
Windows Media Player version 12.0.18362.900
Go to: