Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I opened one of them in a text editor and it looks like they are logged error and warning messages.

Examples:

[01:16:06.225884][WARN][mediabox][gstlog][gst_dxgiduplicatorsrc_prepare_output_buffer:437] Invalid crop region w:-2147483648, h:-2147483648
[01:16:06.241832][ERROR][mediabox][mbplugin][gst_dxgiduplicatorsrc_calculate_crop_region():397] GetClientRect(src->window, &rc_window_client_rect) is failed and return.
Quote I have no idea what's in those folders on your system. Mine totals 548kB (a quarter million times smaller) and the busiest subfolder is mblogger with 41 .log entries.

Use File Explorer to see what's in there and if you have thousanbds of big log files you should simply be able to delete them. Maybe only keep the most recent few

I have 114 log files in that folder totalling 105 GB going all the way back to July 2020 when I first started using PowerDirector.

I'm going to move most of them off to an external drive first to see if it affects anything and if not, will delete them permanently.
I'm running out of room on my C drive and while trying to figure out what is taking up all the space, I found that the CyberLink\Mediabox folder in AppData/Local is over 110GB. That is almost half of my drive space.

So, my question is, what are these files and what do I uninstall to get rid of them?
Since the last update of Screen Recorder 4, I'm having issues with the recording looking like my gameplay has a memory/fps issue, with jerks in the gameplay movement. My gameplay is fine but the recorder is acting like the fps is really low. What I've had to do is record for about 20 minutes, stop recording, then start again. Anything more than about 30 minutes and the issue starts. I didn't have this issue previously and could record for a couple of hours with no issue.
Thank you very much for all your assistance and abundance of patience. I worked on a couple of SW QA teams over the years and it frustrates me when I don't know enough about something in order to diagnose and fix it so am very grateful for those who do.

I'm downloading the Nvidia update and QT Lite now and will try the recoding option if this happens again.

As for SR4 using the QT codec, perhaps that is something that Cyberlink needs to look at since PD seems to have some problems with QT.

Thank you once again.

-d
Unchecked the Hardware Acceleration, closed PD, reopened it and no difference. Also verified it was disabled when I relaunched PD.

Both the nVidia and SVRT recoded files worked but I don't see an option in Cyberlink Screen Recorder 4 to change the encoding other than unchecking the Hardware Acceleration there as well.

My DxDiag is attached. I have PD 365 and it was also updated earlier today.
I wasn't quite able to get the two apps synced up but it's close enough. PD is on the left, Media Player on the right. I recorded to the point where, in the Media Player, it goes to the greenhouse so you can see what PD is skipping in the preview.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmyvUkKt6N-siLR5SzKPbZcSBxj9zw?e=vCLudK

Like I said in a previous post, the rest of my videos work fine. I can get the subtitles done although it will take me longer and it seems to be producing it correctly. My concern is that there will be one video that does this and doesn't produce correctly and I'll not be able to reproduce the video. Or, that there's something I'm doing that is causing this and that I'll make the issue worse in a future video. However, since all my following videos seem to preview correctly, I'm not seeing that it's something I'm doing. I did try restarting my PC, just in case that would help, but no luck.
Taking a quick break from work ... here's the folder:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmyvUkKt6N-siLQlGP4aKJOHgB4SEQ?e=WlNrsa
The subtitles don't seem to make a difference. I created a new project and added the video file to it with nothing else just to check and it still did it.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow evening to upload the project as it's almost 11 pm here and I have to work tomorrow until 5 pm Central.
I haven't applied any edits to the video at all. I loaded it into PD, saved the file, and immediately started doing the subtitles. I understand that the thumbnails and preview may not match up exactly, but I've never seen this much of a difference. Using the small thumbnails is kinda hard on these old, half blind eyes.

How do I check to see if it is in 4K?

The video I did immediately after this one, pressed F9 to stop video then F9 again to start next episode, is fine. It's just this one that looks odd.

I did produce the video just to see what would happen and it is fine. The sound track and video match up perfectly. It's just not matching up in PD itself.

Checked the following:

Timeline frame rate: 60 fps (NTSC) (also recorded at 60 fps)
Enable Shadow files selected
Timeline preview quality: HD Preview Resolution
Timeline preview mode: Real-time Preview

The two clips linked below show the same time period in PD and in Windows Media Player.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmyvUkKt6N-siLQgXCvCJNR6wCe4lQ?e=VCYSiN - In PD

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AmyvUkKt6N-siLQhXzvkhwg76If_Tg?e=C41RbX - In Windows Media Player
Can someone tell my why the video in the preview isn't syncing up with the timeline? This is the first time this has happened to me so unsure why it is doing this. The image showing in the large preview window (see attached) is actually at around 3:35 in the video and you can see that the image shown in the timeline is completely different. When I play the video in Windows Media Player, everything matches up but when I hit play in PD, it just doesn't match up. There is about a minute at the beginning of the video where I'm not moving and just talking (from about 00;00;27;00 to about 00;01;50;30) and the playback looks like it is just skipping all of it and going from 30 seconds straight to 1 minute 50. I thought it was something that I had done, like accidentally stretching something but even after deleting the project file and starting over, it still did the same thing.

Since I'm using the preview window to match up my subtitles with the timeline, this is really disconcerting.
How do I minimize breathing noises on my video? I've been adjusting the volume in the audio room but was wondering if there was a better way to do it. I have a new microphone on it's way but until then, I have to do with what I have.
Okay, thanks everyone. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything in the video that I don't want so I'll leave them alone for now.

I am disappointed in the HTML user guide though as it is severely lacking in explanations and in graphics. I'm saying this as a technical editor/writer who has written user and admin guides for several software companies and when I see a user manual that has barely any supporting images, it just makes my brain itch.
That makes sense. So if I turn off creating the mrk file, that doesn't turn off showing the mouse during the video capture does it?
I imported a video recorded using Screen Recorder 4 and there is a new section above the first timeline with upside down blue drops. I can't find in the help files what they are since the help manual is severely lacking in graphics.

I'm sure someone here can enlighten me though.

TIA
Quote If it's easier to use the Subtitle Room in PD, you can certainly export the subtitles so there won't be any attached to your produced videos. I think you'd want to use these two settings:

Thank you!
Thanks everyone. What I've been doing is uploading to youtube and then manually adding in the subtitles. I was just concerned that adding the subtitles in PD and producing the video with the subtitles would affect using other language subtitles on youtube. If I can add them, export, and delete, that would help tremendously.

-d
Are subtitles embedded into the video? If so, how does that work when uploaded to youtube? If I or my viewers add additional language subtitles, can the ones from PD be turned off on youtube so that viewers can see their language version?
Go to: