Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks optodata!

Gary
Simple question that I feel like I should have been able to find via Google/Bing but can't: does PD12 support h.265 (HEVC) compressed video files?

When I import my video clips, PD12 does not appear to be recognizing them as video. It does not give a preview/thumbnail of them and when I move them to the timeline, it just wants to put them as audio.

My h.264 video clips all work fine from the same camera at the same resolution and framerate.

Is there a trick to getting PD12 to work with h.265?

Thanks!

Gary
Yup. That did it. Thank you, tomasc!!
Can PowerDirector 12 handle metadata info like "Rotation: 180"?

I am recording on a GoPro Hero7 Black upside down (it's the only way to mount it under my wing). When I play the video in a player like VLC or the player that comes with the K-Lite codec pack, the clips play just fine (right side up). But when I import the clips into PD12, they are upside down. And yes, I can flip them in PD but then the left-right is backwards (mirrored) so that's not really a solution (unless there's a way to flip both horizontally and vertically at the same time - as far as I can tell, PD12 only allows you to do one or the other).

Any chance of getting this to work in PD12 or should I just bite the bullet and upgrade to a newer version? And if upgrade is the answer, what's the best version to go to?

Thanks,

Gary
See resolution above.
Well, I just downloaded K-Lite Standard Codec pack and ran the tweak tool, checking off all the options. And now the clips work. Thanks for working with me on this, optodata.
Thanks, optodata.

DxDiag files attached. I apologize for not including them in my original post.

I've also run sfc system scan and it reported back "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."
You seem to be implying that PD12 will not work with 4K at all. I do not believe that's correct. CyberLink's own press releases make that clear.

Though upgrading to a more recent version has certainly crossed my mind...
I probably also should have stated that all clips (4K and 2.7K) play perfectly in VLC.
Running PowerDirector 12 updated with latest patch ("latest" being a relative term...). laughing

None my 4K 25fps .MOV files (generated from Akaso EK7000 Pro action camera) will work when moved from the Media Room to the timeline. They all generate the Media Source Error (Error Code2). See error details below.

The 2.7K 30fps clips do not work either. However, 1080p 60fps clips from the same camera do work fine.

Also, the thumbnails are black for the 4K and 2.7K clips in the Media Room but normal for the 1080p.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Gary

Media Source Error Report :

Error type : Video cut
Material type : Video
Error information : Unknown
Material filename : <hidden>.MOV
Detailed information : ..\CES_Source\Src\CES_Engine\CES_MediaLoader.CPP:1238
Source filter GUID : E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770
Splitter filter GUID : A05CDF6C-287E-47A1-A407-A477A8A5FDCA
Go to: