Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am currently editing a 20 minute clip of a game X4 and flying around a station, highlighting all of the various modules etc. I thought it would be useful to check out the new AI motion tracking, and to be honest, I am quite dissapointed with it. The most annoying thing, is that fact that when I move to the point in the clip where the motion tracking starts, my PC really starts to chug. In fact, if I want to edit the callout that is attached to the motion tracker, It takes about 5 seconds to bring up the edit screen, and then when changing the text, I get about 1 character per second. So I can fill up the keyboard buffer long before the text appears in the edit box for the callout. Several times it has crashed to the desktop, and occiasionally I get the "Send Error Report" screen, loosing the work I had previously achieved. So its been a case of do a little bit, save, change something, save.

Further on in, on the clip, my PC gets slower and slower, till eventually I have to exit, reboot the PC and try again. Even when those tracks are disabled on the preview, the PC still churns making editing a painful experience. When using the other motion tracking "Faster", none of these problems occur and everything runs at a speed I would expect.

Now, I have 128 GB of ram, and the processor is an AMD 3960 ThreadRipper with 24 cores, so I dont believe my setup is slow. So the problem does appear to be the AI Motion Tracking which is quite dissaponting.

So, what about after producing the clip? You can definately tell that it is AI, It is just like demonstrations of facial recognition, in other words, the tracking jitters about all over the place, and sometimes, the callout attached to the motion tracking does not line up and also, occasionally drifts away from the tracking box.

I think there are a couple of inherent problems with the AI motion tracking. The first is the jitteryness; the tracking really does need to be smoothed out a lot more, despite setting the "smoother more" in the motion tracking options. Getting the "Best Line Fit" or an approximation of the graph of scatter points, needs some work. The other problem is actually disabling the AI when you need to, so that you can work in that area of the clip and not have to worry about crashing. I feel that each AI tracking grabs memory and a thread for it's work but never releases it, hence the PC getting slower and slower and chugging till it either grinds to a halt and crashes, or you end up rebooting and starting again.

AI has been around a while now especially with facial tracking and object recognition, but in this scenario, it still has a way to go for the above reasons. Until these problems have been addressed, I would suggest not using it, if you have 5 or more objects that need tracking. For one or two, yeah, it will probably work ok, but in my case with say between 50 and 60 objects being tracked for small lengths of time during the whole clip, the software is not up to the job. I have to ask the question, was this stress tested in your QA cycle? I suspect not.

So make of this what you will, these are simply my observations from using it in earnest. I hope that the devs get this sorted out soon, as it will make 365 and other versions a killer editor, especially on top of all the other features.

Kess

If you take a screenshot of the timeline it might help to understand your problem.
The correct way to use AD from PD.
Select an audio (music or video)
Tools button, Audio Editing by AudioDirector
After making edits click on X and Yes
In PD a new file, name(0).WAV will overwrite the original audio.
I did 2 times the same audio resulted in name(0) (0).WAV
I tested with just one video and one song.

So I am doing this the wrong way? OK, I understand that, however, exporting the whole project from the file menu is a valid option no? If it wasnt valid it would not be there.

What I was hoping to do, was remix the tracks as I need some audio ducking on two tracks, whilst setting the volume on a music track. The music has not been normalised. That would destroy intensity of the peaks and troughs and not reflect the authors intent.

So working on one audio track in isolation would not really work for me. Perhaps I need to rethink. Ive attched a picture of the project.
So I have about a 45 minute video track and another 6 tracks of music speech, and sound fx. When exporting to Audio director, (with effects applied), A number of wav files that have been removed from the project show up in AD. Some wav files are duplicated e.g. 0805.wav (0) and 0805 (1). The first copy is correct, but the second has speech superimposed on it, (which is wrong) and AD uses the 0805 (1) which is wrong. Also other music and effect wav files start at the wrong places. Sometimes this appears on an audio track, but more often the corruption is on the master track. I just dont get it.

I have deleted the exported directory, and re-exported a number of times, using all the drop down selections in the export dialog, but I still get corruptions, with the wrong audio placements.

So the problem is either with me and what I am doing, or there is a mismatch between what is exported and then being read in from AD, or perhaps AD is incompatible with PD 365?

I have only just paid for the AD yearly subscription, but so far from what I have experienced, well, it does seem to be a waste.

Has anyone got any clues as to what the problem is?
Quote Hi Kes999 -

Do you mean the rotation tool when you're editing a title in Title Designer?

If so, I don't think that just popped up after the last update... it's been part of PDR19's Title Designer since release. Earlier versions had a green handle (outside the text box).

It's part of the interface and cannot be removed. Really? It's caused you to make typos?

Sorry - can't help much.

Cheers - Tony

Yeah, when your partially blind, stuff that gets in the way makes it harder to pick out letters.
When I edit a caption, it always comes up with a circle and cross in the middle which obscures what I am typing in, especially when the text is centre justified. I often have to edit it again to remove a typo, because I couldnt see what I was typing in. Most annoying! So how do I get rid of it?? It occured on the last update I think. This is really bad interface design. Thanks.
Thanks to both. The mud is clearing a little. I see that on YouTube, there are some videos that are poor quality regardless of the SD/HD setting and some that are good quality even in SD. Trying to understand the pipeline from the original through to the final viewing experience can be complicated, as there are so many variables that can affect it. But with your help, it all seems to be falling into place.

Many thanks.
I have recorded some game/simulator footage on my PC using the NVidia recording utility. The screen resolution is 3840 x 2160 and Windows is set for HDR. I also use a 32inch HDR monitor. The detail is quite stunning. GeForce recording is set for 2160p 4K @ 60 fps. The bit rate is set to 40. I have 2 x RTX 2080 Ti installed on my PC, (SLId), so I could increase the bit rate without too much impact on performance.

What if I set the output format to H264 AVC mp4 with a resolution of 4096 x 2160/25p (50Mbps). I have no such veiwing device available to be able to test this. I understand though, that upscaling can never be as good as the original resolution. Is this still correct with today's technology and algorithms?

I am probably over thinking this, but...

When I produce a video for uploading to YouTube, I am wondering what would be the best setup?

• What really is 4K?

• Does the screen resolution have any effect on a true 4K TV?

• Would an end user really notice the difference with different resolutions?

• Should I produce to the original resolution?

• Would 60 fps output be better than the standard 24/25?

Could anyone help me understand this here?

Many thanks,
Why does Power Director always open full screen? I cannot find any options to change this. It is not just very annoying, I consider it to be arrogant. When a user has lots of screen real estate, other windows and tools are open and require accessibilty. So everytime I open PD365 full screen, and even when I demaximise it, it is still as large as the desktop will allow. These days, programs are courteous and remember the previous window settings, restoring those settings when the window is re-opened. This kind of action has been around for years. Why cant PD365 do the same? Please tell me there is an option somewhere.
Go to: