Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello Bobby,

I'm afraid I have zero experience or knowledge with/about Synology Moments, but according to its website it uses "AI" to group similar people, places & events. It's not clear to me (yet) that it makes use of tags to do this.

I'm attempting to test this with the very limited 30 minute trial, but not sure how much I can learn about it in that time. To my way of thinking, if it makes use of tags you should be able to use PhD in conjunction. Just guessing.

PIX

Hi PIX,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately my model is slightly limited in power and does not do AI. For this reason I was hoping to use another tool to do the job.

Thanks
Bobby
Quote Hello Mike,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

I'm afraid the reason you were unable to find any reference to GPS data in the Help files is that there is none. GPS information (when it's embedded) is displayed as part of the EXIF data in some other software I use, but not in PhotoDirector. undecided

It would be worth adding this to our suggestions thread, though it's obviously too late for the current development of PhD8.

PIX

Hi PIX,
Thanks for your helps so far.
So does PD 10 allow GPS viewing, maybe via Google maps?

Thanks
Best,
Bobby
Hi,
I wonder if anyone is familiar with Synology products. I have a 119j, which does not do face detection (unfortunately) so I am looking to use PD to do the job.
My question, will Synology Moments be able to search people detected using PD?

Many thanks
Best
Bobby
Quote Hello Bobby,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

If you've face tagged a batch of photos, then exported them from PhD, it's quite easy to locate them in Windows file explorer.

1. Navigate to the containing folder, even if it's simply "Pictures"

2. In the search bar at the top right of the folder, type "people: name" [name = Bobby, Steve or whomever you're looking for]

3. Press Enter and all photos tagged with the person's name will be displayed.

The same (similar) thing applies to regular tags, but in that instance type "tag: word" [word = mountains, beach or whatever tag you're searching for].

PIX

Hi,
Thank you very much for your response, this really helps me.
When you say export the files, does PD change or remove any of the any of the properties of the photo file, e.g. JPEG ratio or remove GPS information?

Thanks again
Best
Bobby
Hi,

I would like to ask how I can search for photos that have had face detection and names, from Windows File Explorer or other tools?

Many thanks
Best,
Bobby
Go to: