Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello there everyone.

About a year ago, I purchased a copy of PowerDVD 19 Ultra from Steam, and, predictably, when PowerDVD 20 was being released there was an upgrade opportunity for a reduced price for existing software owners. I proceeded to buy the upgrade to PowerDVD 20 Ultra directly from the CyberLink storefront, as no such upgrade was available through Steam.

The trouble started that same day, as when I downloaded the installer for PowerDVD 20, I was told to enter the product key from PowerDVD 19. When I did, I was presented with a message that said:

"Setup cannot install the upgrade. Your system must have at least one of the following versions of PowerDVD installed: 18.0/19.0. The installation will now abort."

I promptly contacted support because I knew that my key was valid, and that PowerDVD 19 Ultra was definitely already installed on my PC. At this point, support and I have been back and forth for about a week on this problem, and I still have not reached any solution. Every time I attempt to do anything that is listed in any of our correspondences, I receive the same error message.

I am unsure if this is because the Steam Edition of PowerDVD 19 is incompatible with upgrades to future versions, but if this were the case, I highly doubt support would have even given me any advice. If it is the case, then they shouldn't be advertising the upgrade in the software in the first place.

I now come to the community to see if anyone else has had this issue, which seems unlikely because I cannot find any information about this topic anywhere on the internet.
Go to: