Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote I'm pretty sure you can't use Spotify content for anything other than for personal listening, which is stated in the subscription agreement terms.

All tracks are encoded with DRM and the only way to play them outside the app is to break the encryption. There are sketchy companies & apps that do that "for personal backup," but you'd clearly be violating Spotify's terms by using their content in a slideshow or video.

No matter how or where you get your actual music, as long as the tracks are able to be played in a basic media player like VLC or Windows Media Player you can use them in PD.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

That would makes sense actually. They wouldn't allow copying.

I guess I can purchase any specific tracks via the likes of iTunes or Amazon Music etc.. , and then import from there.

Thanks again for your help.

laughing
Hi All

I have a Powerdirector 365 subscription, and am currently working on a slideshow for an upcoming wedding.

I just need to know if this subscription allows me to convert audio tracks to MP3 or a format to import in to my slideshow?

Specificaly music tracks from my Spotify premium subscription.

I'm not sure if this is possible, or do I need to purchase an audio convertor package?

Has anyone had experience importing Spotify tracks to Powerdirector slideshows?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nick
Quote Hi Nic -

My first thought would be to:

1. Use your selected bunch of photos of "Partner A" to create a 1:1 slideshow

2. Produce the "Partner A" slideshow

3. Replicate the same thing (timing & transitions etc) with the "Partner B" photos

4. Produce the "Partner B" slideshow

5. Insert the 2 produced 1:1 slideshows on separate tracks

6. Reposition each video so that Partner A is on the left & Partner B is on the right

7. Produce the side-by-side slideshow

N.B. You'll lose part of the side of each image, some place subjects accordingly.

Video could be worked in a similar way, or by using masking in various ways.

Ignoring the fact that these aren't the same people growing up (!), this is an example of what is described above.

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks so much for the very informative advice!

I will certainly give this a go.

It would be nice if Power Director had a plug in to achieve this in one hit, but your suggestion should give me the desired results!

I am very grateful for your help!

Thanks again.

Cheers

Nic
Hi All

I am trying to work out how to create a split screen rolling slideshow with images. No video, ( but may add a clip.)

So it's for a wedding venue, that the slideshow will present the married couple from their early years through to the days they met and lived their lives together. Showing each other in seperate frames, but alongside each other, and changing images as the presentation plays on.

I selected the "Video Collage Designer", and picked a split screen template, but it looks like it's only going to show one split screen frame, instead of a rolling presentation of split screen images that transition in.

Should I be using the slideshow creator? I notice this doesn't seem to have a rolling split screen effect though.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I have tried searching You Tube, but not really finding a tutorial for my requirement. Lots of split screen video demos, rather than stills\images.

Thanks

Nic
Quote The contents of each pack vary, and this FAQ should let you find where each component of each pack is installed.

Thank you for the information. laughing
Hi All

I am a new user to Power Director, and have just downloaded several effects packs from the Cyberlink Application Manager.

I am a subscriber to 365, and understand the add on packs are free to use with subscribers.

So having downloaded and installed the various Effects Packs, how do I find them within Power Director?

I have clicked on the Plugins menu, and had a look in the various tabs under the "Media Room" icon, and other menus, but can't find the newly installed effects packs.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all......

Nick

PowerDirector is more than capable of fulfilling those needs. You do not need PhotoDirector. There are multiple ways to accomplish your goal. You can use the Collage Designer or you can manually create split screens using the PIP Designer or the Mask Designer. It really depends on what how you want to go about achieveing the look and how you compose your shots.

Hi Maliek

Thank you for your suggestion and help.

I will take a look at PowerDirector. Just needed to make sure all media types (video\and images) could be used within the one product., which this does.

Thanks again smile
Hi All

I need to create a video presentation for an upcoming wedding venue, and seek some advice for the correct software to purchase, to enable me to acheive the following.

I would like to create a split screen that contains both rolling photos, and also the odd video in either both or one screen as the presentation plays out.
I'm not sure if I will need the full Director Suite, as this will contain both video and photos in one presentation.

So basicallly is the split screen possible with multiple video and photos, and which software will enable me to acheive this please?

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Nick
Quote All you need to do is to import a black image at the end of the timeline, set the duration to 1 or 2 seconds, then set the automatically-placed transition as a Fade.

That's great, thanks for your help with this...
Hi All

I am new to PowerDirector Mobile, and have searched this forum for info on video fade out on the mobile version, and it seems the mobile version does not support this from the search results.

Is this so?

I can't find a way within the App.

All I want to do is simply apply a fade out transition to the end of the very last frame.

Whether it's black or just disolves the video at the end would be useful.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.
Go to: