Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi everyone again!

In the meantime, I submitted similar request of clarification to the CL customer support and they promptly replied this way:

Power2Go is an all-in-one solution for all your disc burning, movie disc authoring, media conversion, and backup needs. With unparalleled support for a wide range of disc & mobile formats. While PowerProducer 6 lets you work with media files in a huge range of formats. You may also import files from your hard drive or grab scenes from existing discs to breathe fresh life to older clips by including them in your new projects.

Furthermore I include below some technical specs reg. file formats (I literally copy/paste from the CL website) for everyone's convenience:

POWER2GO 13

Video
Import: ▪ ASF ▪ AVI ▪ DAT ▪ DVR-MS ▪ H.265/HEVC ▪ FLV (H.264) ▪ M2T (H.264) ▪ M2TS (H.264) ▪ MKV (H.264) ▪ MOV (H.264) ▪ MOD ▪ MP4 (H.264) ▪ MPEG ▪ MPEG-2 ▪ MPG ▪ MTS (H.264) ▪ TS (H.264) ▪ TOD ▪ VOB ▪ VRO ▪ WMV ▪ WTV
(single channel)
Export: ▪ MP4 (H.265/HEVC) ▪ MP4 (H.264) ▪ WMV

Audio
Import: ▪ OGG (Vorbis) ▪ APE ▪ DSD Audio (DSF, DFF) ▪ FLAC ▪ M4A (AAC / ALAC) ▪ MP3 ▪ WAV ▪ WMA ▪ Videos with Dolby Digital 5.1 audio soundtracks ▪ Videos with Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 audio soundtracks
Export: ▪ APE ▪ Dolby Digital (2ch stereo, 5.1ch ) ▪ FLAC ▪ M4A (AAC) ▪ MP3 ▪ WAV ▪ WMA

▪ BMP ▪ GIF ▪ JPE ▪ JPEG ▪ JPG ▪ PNG ▪ TIF ▪ TIFF ▪ HEIC ▪ HEIF

▪ YouTube ▪ Vimeo

POWERPRODUCER 6

Importing File Formats

Videos
AVI/ 3GPP (3g2, 3gp)/ VOB / FLV/ MOD/ MKV/ MPEG/ MPEG-2 Transport Stream(m2t, m2ts, mts, tod, tpd)/ MPEG-2 TV Recorded (trp, ts)/ MPEG-4 AVC (MOV)/ MPEG-4 Video (MP4)/ Video CD (DAT)/ VRO/ ASF/WMV/ Windows Media Center Recorded (dvr-ms, WTV)

Images
BMP/ GIF / JPEG (jpeg, jpg)/ MPO/ JPS/ PNG / TIFF (tif, tiff)

RAW Photos
Adobe (dng) / Canon (cr2, crw)/ Epson (erf)/ Fujifilm (raf)/ Kodak (dcr, kdc)/ Konica Minolta (mrw)/ Mamiya (mef)/ Nikon (nef)/ Olympus (orf)/ Panasonic (raw; rw2)/ Pentax (pef)/ Sigma (x3f)/ Sony (arw, sr2, srf)

3D formats
Videos: MVC, MKV. MPEG-4 (side-by-side format)/ (from Fujifilm camera)
Photos: MPO/JPS

Audio
MP3/ WAV/ WMA

In the export no specs are available (to date) online, the website only lists Disc Burning/ Authoring Formats.

I think I'll go for the Power2Go suite, it doesn't seem the PowerProducer adds much features to what I need (basically burning discs such as dvd and bluray, plus basic authoring with customizable menu).

I hope this might help someone else in doubt like me.
Quote Since you have what you need in mind, my suggestion would be to download the trial version of Power Producer and Power to Go. Try both to see what is better for you.

Note that P2G is not only a trial program (the more feature rich items) but is also a program that gives you a lot of fesatures that never expire.

At first thank you for your prompt reply Steve!
I might find some spare time in the weekend to download and try.
Basically I would love a software capable to burn properly DVD and BD discs, with the possibility to have some customizable menus... and in this regard it seems they are pretty the same and the website doesn't help either to compare/clarify.

That's why I'm wondering why are there two softwares so similar from the same company...?
I truly miss their market "destination", let's say, and this is honestly strange.

But maybe I missed something in the resources and someone around here, who has already been using these sw or with deeper roots in CL, can input some hints or give us some clarifications/feedbacks...
Hi you all!
I'm quite new to this forum, but I've been using some cyberlinks tools (included in my Samsung Bluray writer), in the past years and I quite enjoyed feature such as disc cover design and print functions.

At work I was used to deal with professional and advanced solutions for disc authoring, such as Scenarist and Encore, but I won't spend thousands for my own small-indie projects. That's why I'm considering the possibility to purchase a license of an authoring/burn software on the following weeks.

I went through the Cyberlink website, I read all specs and feature, I watched videos... but something is not clear to me yet:

What's the exact difference between Power2Go and PowerProducer*? *the Ultra version.

It seems they are quite the same, apart from the price (menu, formats...).
I hope someone might help me understand, also in practical terms, the difference...

Thank you in advance!

Massimo
Go to: