Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Brilliant, thanks. I noticed the issue with RichVideo.exe, did not know if I could just uninstall it but did not think about renaming it.
Reinstalled PD several times but have the same problem. Tried both Nvidia drivers, game ready and studio.
Thanks again.

Quote The results look good as far as drivers and system status are concerned, and the crash records at the end show that many of the BSODs are caused by a minor PD-related app called RichVideo.exe. As far as I'm aware, that's only used to display content when adding clips to the Media Libary and isn't crucial.

It's located in the C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files folder, and there are 2 other programs there that you might want to try running: richvideouninstall.exe, then richvideoinstall.exe. See this post for specifics.

If the problem persists, I'd suggest uninstalling the main PD app, rebooting then reinstalling it to see if that cures the issue.

Something else you can do is to simply rename RichVideo.exe to anything else while PD is closed. That will prevent it from running at all and PD won't complain.

The only other thing is that it looks like you're running the Game Ready version of nVidia's latest driver. You can try installing the Studio Driver instead, and make sure you check the Clean Installation box on the Custom screen.

If you still have the problem after doing all these steps, you should contact CL tech support directly.
Quote What you're describing isn't typical.

Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file so we can see the details of your computer. That's the best way to give us enough info to help you.

Thanks, DxDiag file now attached.
Looking for a bit of help please. We have been using power director for a couple of months now but recently the program has been crashing and bringing up the blue screen casusing the computer to restart. Checked all the usual things, graphics drivers, all the lastest installed and checked hardware, although the machine being used in very new. At a bit of a loss really and a bit disapointed as the program looked like it had lots of potential. We use the program every day to edit video material for a Youtube chanel. The crash only happens when Power director is running. We have had to switch over to Davinci Resolve just to get material completed for deadlines and it never crashes so the issue is not with the hardware on the machine. Any ideas on a fix would be welcome, really would like to stay with Power Director and not have to move to another editor software.
Any one else had stability issues with Power Diretor 365/18
Thanks
Hi

We're new users and loving the software, making videos for You Tube every week with it.

One thing we're struggling with is there doesnt seem to be any tags on the library items, weather it is FX or Music - there is a serach facililty, but we can only search on the name of the item, so we can not search for 'comedy music' for example ....we have to just keep listenting to them all.

Other softwear catergorises music by type (Jazz/Classics/rock) and also mood (sad/upbeat/comic).. or has a hashtag type search

The libraries are excellent and have a large choice of different effects and music - but we are spending considerable time searching for appropiate music.

Have we missed something ? any tips any one?
Go to: