Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble. The first thing I'd try is to go to the HP support page and choose Detect My Drivers and see what it finds. There's clearly a new BIOS available there, but I don't know if that will have any impact on your issues.

The next thing to try is to follow the steps in this post and see if the two commands in bold help you out.

The third thing would be to disable Hardware Decoding (Preferences | Hardware Acceleration} and also not use the Intel QuickSync option when producing. Doing so will take longer to produce youor projects, but it may solve the crashing issues.

I have done everything on this list, and it is still crashing. Back to the drawing board.
Hello, I am having a problem with PD365 (Ver 21.1.1401.0).
When I try to produce certain videos, it will get almost to the end (usually about 85%-93%) and then it either stops working entirely (but won't be designated as "not responding" in the task manager, it just doesn't budge for hours on end) or it just shuts down completely. Here are the facts.

1. This is happening on several videos of different sizes and with different content. None of them share the same files or effects, however they are all around 1 hour long (all of my videos are about that length).
2. It is not a matter of the source material being incompatible, seeing as the last video was entirely composed of shorter clips I had already produced in PD365 recently.
3. I have plently of memory
4. I haven't changed anything about how I have beeng using PD.
5. Drivers, PD, and Windows 10 are all up to date as far as I can tell.
6. My system hasn't changed since long before this started, and it worked fine before.
7. I haven't installed anything new.

Things I have tried: restarting computer, uninstalling and reinstalling PD, making changes to the videos to make them smaller and more compact (including reducing the resolution to the bare minimum to see if that would help. It didn't.), making sure nothing else is running while PD is running, clearing the cache. I even bought another hard drive so I could move files over and free up space just in case that was the issue.

I have no idea what is going on, but I need to fix it soon because I don't want to spend days making another video only to have it be useless. I have about 4 videos right now that I had to abandoned at the very end because I can't produce them.

I have attached my DxDiag file.

Thank you
After the update on 09/14/2022, I discovered that ALL of my project files are gone. Every single one.

If I click on "File > Open Project" and navigate to the default PowerDirector folder where all of my projects have always been stored, it is completely empty.

If I try to search for PDS files on my hard drive, I get nothing.

If I click "Open Recent Projects" I can open those projects, but this in only the most recent things I have worked on, and still NONE of them show up in the default PowerDirector folder.

I can't get onto the Cyberlink Cloud to see if anything is there, it says I can't connect to the internet, which makes no sense because... well, here I am on the internet.

I did not move these files, I did not delete these files, I did not hide these files. I assure you I saved them correctly, the only thing that changed is the PD update. I am beyond frustrated and depressed, this is catastrophic.
Go to: