Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I just created another combined .dv file and this one too has sync issues mostly seen at the last seconds of the video.
Here is a specs preview, of the .dv files i merged. On the third row, you can also see the specs of the produced merged .dv file.
Any idea whats wrong?
When the capturing was made, there was a setting to cut the captured video everytime there was a dropped frame. So as you can figure out, the result was to get a large nymber of standalone captured videos rather than one that would contain them all.
As far as the large files handling/editing, i understand what u mean, but i know what kind of editing i will make and it will not messup my workflow. Thanks for pointing that out though ;
Are u certain that when combining .dv files there will be a loss of quallity?
Guys, let me ask. The combination of .dv files into one master .dv, is it call wrapping or wrap?
Quote PowerDirector video Editor does not run on a Mac computer. Cyberlink PowerDirector is Windows computer only.

You can edit .dv files on a Windows computer using PowerDirector.

.dv file may have been a Mac creation, but the video files can be edited on any video editor that supports the .dv format. If you only have a Mac computer, then you need a Mac video editor. There are some for $$$.

Are you aware of any to suggest? Preferably id be interested in some that you have worked with and you do know they do the job corectlly and accuratelly. I have used some but they do not work well since they have issues with sound sync (specially ate the end of the combined video) cry
Quote PowerDirector is not available for Mac.

.dv files are obsolete standard definition files captured on Macs from miniDV camcorders, the Mac equivalent to DV-AVIs. But you should be able to edit them in PowerDirector.
Not available for Macs? Now thats depressing... what am i gonna do now? Ive got all mycaptured videos in .dv format! cry
Is it possible to combine .dv files with PowerDirector? Also, is there a version of PowerDirector available for the Mac?
Go to: