Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Try this: The transition insertion behavior you reported happens when one drags the transition to the lower center of the clip or to the lower audio portion of the clip. Drag that transition only to the top portion or video portion of the clip and release the mouse button.

Expand the timeline ruler temporarily to allow you to see the transition placed in the center of the clip instead of it being placed on the left or right clip which will cause the black portion to be displayed as you have noted.

Thank you very much for this. I will follow your advice to the T

Thank you again.

Claude/Zantafio
Miami, Septembre 14
Hi again to all of you
The positive answer to my question concerning 4K editing was very helful.
I have another question/problem I need to solve.

When editing and creating my film I do use the "fade" extension very often (I do not use any other transition).

I have a hard time inserting that transition between two clips. Sometimes I have to trys 5 or 6 times, sometimes more often.

When I manage to insert the "fade" transition, the result is not good. I get a fade from the prior clip than a black screen for one second or so before the next clip appears. There is no proper fading.

This is in at lest 50% of my editing.

My PC has plenty of HD space, plenty of memory and processing power. It was custom built for video editing by PC Specialst.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Kind regards

Claude/Zantafio
Quote Hello,

This camera came out in 2014, so all files should be compatible. I found a few sample videos, including a couple 4K videos in the XAVC/MP4 format. I had not problems wiith them in the latest version of PowerDirector.

Cheers
PowerDirector

Wednesday Septembre 14

Thank you, this is a big help for me

Kind regards

Claude
Miami, Tuesday September 13

Hi to all of you,

I have a question concerning editing some video clips.

Can I use Cyberlink /Power Directort365 to edit 4K videos shot with a Sony FDR-AX100?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Kind regards to all.

Claude

Miami, Saturday July 16

Hi,

Thanks for your involvment in this

I will send all details this afternoon sometimes as I have to go out now.
I am filming in 30P XVAC S HD with the Sony cam

I make a DVD to watch on a DVD player

I do not do any kind of editing (color changes, image changes) I use what I have filmed, I cut some bad parts and add sound then produce.

More info later on.
Thank you

Zantafio9741

To WARRY

Sorry, I got back home much later than planned

Here is some more info

Production is
2D Standard
H254AVC
MPEG 4 640 x 480 24P
DVD is NTSC

I could send aclip where you can see the bad images and the original as well.

Thank You
Quote In the chain between your camera and the DVD there are several moments where things can go wrong.
Note that if you have a HD camera which is likely 1920x1080, the regular DVD file format set to high quality goes as far as 720x480 60 frames. Which is much lower than the HD input?
Maybe good to help us understand the specifics of the steps are you take?
- What is the format of the video (file) you get from the Sony camera?
- What are the project settings you have used in PD 20 (framerate etc.)
- Let us know what the settings are for the preferences for producing and for hardware acceleration, they might matter too.
- What kind of editing did you do, color changes, effects etc.
- What are the settings you use to output the video?
- Is there an intermediate step, if so what format specs are you using?
- If directly to DVD from PD20, what are the parameters you apply
- And last but not least: how do you show the DVD, is that per PC (which software) or on a DVD player?

Sharing the result may give us an idea of your problem but the above may help us pointing into the right direction.
If you can then maybe add a screen recording showing a bit of the original and a bit of the result? Maybe use VLC to show the clips on you PC?

Miami, Saturday July 16

Hi,

Thanks for your involvment in this

I will send all details this afternoon sometimes as I have to go out now.
I am filming in 30P XVAC S HD with the Sony cam

I make a DVD to watch on a DVD player

I do not do any kind of editing (color changes, image changes) I use what I have filmed, I cut some bad parts and add sound then produce.

More info later on.
Thank you

Zantafio9741
Friday july 15
Hi to all members
I need some help.

I film with a SonyHDR-CX405

I use Power Director 20 to edit and create the final DVD.

Sound is perfect but images are rotten, they jump and there are some pixels.

I edit in NTSC and burn a DVD in NTSC (I live in the USA)

I have tried various ettings buth nothing changes.

My PC was specifically built for video editing and I have loads of memory and HD space available.

I can send through WETRANSFER or TRANSFERNOW or similar my latest film where you can see vividly the problems I am encountering.

I am to the point were I am going to give up with PowerDirector

My PC configuraion is:
ProcessorAMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor 3.50 GHz
Memory RAM instaled16,0 Go
64 bits, processor x64
Graphic card NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX750Ti
WIN10

Any help or suggestions are most welcomed

Thank you in advance

Zantafio9741
Go to: