Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Like the one in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVLWGCfFu7Y

But I want to be able to do it in PD since PD runs better overall + renders a lot faster on my laptop compared to Sony Vegas and I'm working with mkv files that isn't supported on the latter program.

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you in advance!
Quote It sounds like you're going about this in exactly the right way, but I think you might be running into at least one conflict.

First, what's the Audio channels: setting in your current project?

If it's set to 5.1 Surround, I think that might conflict with/override the settings in the custom profile. Hopefully that's what's happening and you can simply set it to Stereo.

The other thing to watch out for is that once you create a custom profile outside of PD, you can't ever make changes using PD's built-in tool.

As you know, PD can read the custom profile's settings and produce using them, but as soon as you try to make any profile changes inside PD, it will enforce its limited resolution choices on your custom settings, nullifying the 2560x1440 value you'd previously entered.

You can go around in circles with this and it can make you want to tear your hair out, so once you create a custom profile outside of PD, keep all future edits outside as well.

Unfortunately upon checking my project's current settings, its Audio Channels is already set in Stereo which is the default setting, cmiiw.

Seeing as there are no other known solutions for my problem, I just decided to choose a slightly lower 2k resolution in PD's preconfigured settings which is 2048x1536 and set the Audio channel setting to Stereo. Since my video's source quality is 1080p only, it doesn't matter if the resolution isn't exactly at 2560x1440p. It still works if I chose a lower size as long as the overall video resolution is upscaled and still considered as 1440p, which enables me to get the vp09 codec on YouTube to make my videos look better. So then I tried producing my video at 2048x1536 with the Stereo audio and uploaded it on YT to see if it'll still get the said codec and luckily it did! Got a win-win in the end-- my video size is now smaller, sounds significantly better/louder, less rendering and uploading time so all is well, lol.

Anyway, I appreciate the info so thanks for the response!
Hello! I'm new here and I'm hoping someone can help me.

I am currently working on a fanvid project that contains a stereo song and multiple video clips that have a source 5.1 audio and I then produce them in 2k resolution (2560x1440) which I upload to my YouTube channel. Since PD doesn't have a pre-set 2k resolution setting with 2560x1440 dimensions, I set up a new custom profile. I would then extract the voices from those video clips and eventually reduce these 6-ch audio to mono audio. In my case, I'm using a stereo song as background music so I want to have a full stereo audio for the whole video as an end result.

I tried to edit my custom profile config on Notepad and change the audio setting to Dolby Digital Stereo instead of DD 5.1 but when I reopen the program it still retains the DD5.1 config. I tried creating new custom profiles with the same settings (even tried AAC and LPCM but no dice) and with the Stereo config but they all end up being at 5.1 audio so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The only workaround I know of this is to edit my config directly in PD but if I do I won't be able to use the 1440p setting which is what I need for my video. I don't want to have a 5.1 audio format on my video since it makes the voiceovers and especially the background music sound poor and weaker because of the surround sound. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

This is the custom profile I'm currently using if it helps:

<output></output>
<Name>YT new
<Description>
Custom Profile -4
<Output FileName>
<DescID>11920
<NameID>19019
<Group>2
<File Format Class>11
<Video Format Class>8
<Audio Format Class>8