Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Ok, this seems way more complicated than the old way. I have the DLNA thing selected. When I just use PowerDVD on the computer and I want to stream from my DLNA device, how can I get it to play? On PowerDVD 19 I could just see the device and select it.

You mentioned the Power Media Player App, I'm assuming you're talking about a separate app, as I don't see a "play to" list in PowerDVD. Under the Shared Media tab, all it shows is "[Scanning..]". I don't know if there is another setting somewhere for it to see the home network.

I know it could be operator error here, but I'm beginning to think this thing is a buggy POS not ready for prime time.

Let me make it clear:

1.Play media in PC to mobile devices.

2.Play media in mobile devices to PowerDVD.

Which one do you want?
Quote So how do you use it? I don't see anyway to find my DNLA device on my home network.

Do you see the picture of the setting of DLNA devices?

Just choose "Allow other media computers or devices to play their media content to this PowerDVD", and you will see the DLNA render device in you Power Media Player app's "play to" list.
Quote Yeah, I was mistaken...they just moved the DLNA section down in the list on the left. It still works for me as renderer, you just need to continue using Power Media Player.

The new PowerPlayer apps do not have play to feature. No matter though, as you can use Power Media Player as always.

Dave

I found the option,see attachment.
Quote I just upgraded and am using it. It looks like it was removed and replaced with PowerDVD's own home network sharing. So far I like it a lot better, because I am using my computer as a server for all my media and playing it on my iOS device in another room.

How are you trying to play it? This thread goes over the new setup a bit: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82098.page

Dave

I need a render, not a server.

I'd like to use PowerPlayer App's "play to" function to play media in mobile device to PC.

But now I cann't find PowerDVD 20 DLNA render in the PowerPlayer App's "play to" list.
I've installed PowerDVD_20.0.1519.62_Essential_DVD191112-01,but these is no "Device and Home media(DLNA)",which is available in PowerDVD Ultra v19.0.2403.62.

Did the function been removed?

Can the PowerDVD 20 be a DLNA render still?

If it can,where is it ,and how to start it? Thanks!
Quote I can play the MKV video you attached normally in powerdvd 19.
The video displayed fine.

However, according to the media info you posted, the video's pixel width or height is in extremely small size.
(The original width or height is normal, but the current width and height is NOT.)

Which video encoder program or downloader you applied to download the videos from Youku?
Change to another one that can produce videos with normal metadata (media info).

TKS for your test,but my PowerDVD 19 can't display this sample file's video.

I've tried the following other player,they can display the sample file fine all:

5KPlayer,KMPlayer 64X,Kodi,Media Player Classic,MilkPlayer,MPC-BE x64,PotPlayer 64 bit,VLC media player

The version of my PowerDVD 19 is attached. What's yours?
the attachment:

I do not have a video in any format that is 33 x 10 pixels to test. That is about 1/6 the size of the icons on my taskbar which are about 100 x 100 in size. Can you post the video to say the Googlr Drive or One Drive to share for other users to check out.

the Original width : 1 104 pixels
Original height : 622 pixels

I've attached and uploaded the sample video file to baidu drive:

https://pan.baidu.com/s/1fSAiZVUlayL3vg5auEX8ng
code:wh63

Just the first 30 seconds.

PLS check out. Thanks.
the format of the file:

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L3.1