Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote OK. Of the 10 crashes shown at the end of the DxDiag file, the only one that identifies an app shows that it was NVDisplay.Container.exe. If that keeps giving you trouble, you can disable it from Win10's Services app.

BSOD still persists... however I checked the 3d setting as oer the previous post and unchecked Hardware Decoding in PD.. so far it seems to have remained stable. I have not had any problems with my games and they are reasonably intense 1st person shooters... only seen issues with PD for some odd reason.

I'll run it for a while with that one setting unchecked and see if it remains stable.
Quote Thanks for attaching that. I see several possible issues, two of which are nVidia related.

The first is that your installed driver is over a year old. Please download the latest version (442.19) from here. When you install it, I'd recommend doing a custom installation and uncheck everything except the video driver. Then check the Clean Install option so all older versions of any installed drivers will be removed.

Try that and see how things work. If PD17 is stable and you're a gamer, at that point you can run the nVidia installer again and add any needed gaming components.

If you're still getting crashes after doing the clean install of the newest nVidia driver, you'll need to look into doing a system level check on Windows. This post has the two easiest and most likely to help steps (skip to the paragraphs with bold text).

If you get errors that can't be fixed even after running those utilities several times, you may need to use the Reset this PC option.

I'll try another clean install of the driver and see what happens. I have run system file checker with the repair option twice and no errors/problems were detected each time.
Thx.
Quote Sorry that you're having this issue, but we can't do anything to help until you get us your DxDiag results

Sorry... forgot to include that.

These are key to my thinking, especially now that you've shared the clear role the nVidia driver has in your BSODs.

In the past, there have been problems when using PD and the various "extras" that are installed by default when using GeForce Experience, and I learned many years ago to only install the core driver. Installing the PhysX System Software also seems to be fine.

For the moment, disable the GeForce Experience app and download the 417.71 driver manually from here.

When you run the installer, check the NVIDIA Graphics Driver box (so you won't get the GeForce Experience). On the next screen, choose Custom (Advanced) then deselect everything except the Graphics Driver and (for your game) PhysX System Software. It's very important that you also check the Perform a clean installation box.

Click next so that the installer will uninstall all existing nVidia software first and then will install just the two items you selected. You'll need to reboot, and then try working with PD17 again and see if things have improved.

Followed these steps and no change. As soon as I drop a second transition on the timeline... BSOD.
Watching this thread.... Just today when trying to edit in timeline mode I have been expereincing the exact same issue... BSOD only while PD17 is up and running. A few times I had it BSOD just after PD finishes loading but most commonly it will BSOD when just trying to add transitions.
Go to: