Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Have you tried using the capture software supplied with the VC500? I've never tried to use Power Director's capture module. I use the software supplied with my camera and with my Climax Digital USB capture device then import the files into Power Director.

Yes, the software that came with the capture device is EZGrabber, when I tried that I also get no picture/sound, it doesn’t seem to even see that the device is connected. It also came with an earlier version of PowerDirector 12, but that also did not work.
I just purchased a new laptop running Windows 10 and installed Cyberlink PowerDirector 15. I installed the drivers for my VC500 capture device by Diamond Multimedia but no matter what I do, Cyberlink will not capture video from the device. I had the exact same set-up on my Windows 7 laptop and it worked fine. I also installed the same programs & device on a Windows 10 machine back in 2017, and it also worked fine.

My version of Windows 10 says that it is running update 1903.

I even bought a new VC500 device on Sunday, and made sure that it had a serial number greater than DM218, as it says to do on their FAQ: <a>https://www.diamondmm.net/kb/faq.php?id=52</a>

"If you purchased you device after October 2015 and, your serial
number is greater than DM218xxxxxx, then it will work with Windows 10"

and it still does not work. My camera privacy settings are set to allow programs and apps to access the camera & microphone. The drivers show up under Sound & Video Devices in Device Manager.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what I can do? Or do you know of any other capture device to digitize analog video that will work with Windows 10 update 1903? It states right on the box that the one I bought works with Windows 10, but it's not.

Thanks
Go to: