Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Have anyone see the Add on Pack for PowerDVD 8 Deluxe? I haven't find any link on Cyberlink-Hompage. I am interested on the DTS ES Plugin, but I can't find them.

Hi Stefan, looks like I still had this message tagged for responses. I believe it is available from the Cyberlink home page, click Store and under PowerDVD 8, click enhancements, and then there's the Advanced Audio Pack for PowerDVD 8 Deluxe. I suppose that would be it? I'd have hoped that Cyberlink would add a product description to it to tell you more about it though.

Best of luck to you.
CLD, the URL pointed to the default PowerDVD 8 purchase page.

Ok, notice the past tense on that last sentence? That's because the message no longer displayed for me when I chose to do S/PDIF (PDVD8D) and DTS-ES tracks on my DVD titles. The only thing I did different prior to the time I made my first post was I updated both of my DVD drives' Firmware, which I did so my drives can read a program on a DVD that won't finish install (as somehow the last pieces of the installation program can't be read). Firmware update turned out to allow the program to finish install. I had not played a movie DVD since the firmware update until just last night, when I was expecting the DTS-ES 6.1 track playback to display the pop up window, only that it did not show and the speaker played the DTS track without interruptions from PDVD8D. So I guess the Firmware update did the trick.
Hmm....

So you are saying this is actually a bug on PDVD8 when S/PDIF out is chosen as Audio Option?

As of right now, I get the following scenarios for differetn audio tracks on movies S/PDIFs out to my 5.1ch Speakers.

DD - Plays DD normally
DTS - Plays DTS normally
DTS-ES - Messages tells me to Upgrade to Audio Pack, won't relinquish playback control until I click on the message box to visit website. Once playback control is regained, the speaker still plays the DTS track.

Back when I was using PowerDVD 5 "normal" version on my old system, I play the same Disc with the same DTS-ES track selected out to the same 5.1ch speaker, no pop up messages told me I needed to upgrade anything and the DTS-ES track played on my speaker (display shows as DTS) without further issues. Like stefan has pointed out, does that mean I am really just sending the signal out to let my speakers do the decoding by choosing S/PDIF?

I had my doubts that this may be a software related issue. But Cyberlink tech support insists that this can only be resolved with the Add-on Pack. Can someone from Cyberlink further confirm?
I'd like to know when the Add-on Pack will be available I have a version of PowerDVD 8 Deluxe as well.

My PDVD8D's audio option is set as S/PDIF and it goes out to my 5.1ch speakers which does the decoding. My issue now is that if I play a DVD title that has DTS-ES stream (not normal DTS), the program will tell me that my current version do not have support for DTS-ES and I will need to upgrade. The movie will still play using DTS, but the player will not relinquish playback control until I click on the pop-up dialog box to visit the Cyberilnk website (where an Add-on is not even available yet).

Hopefully a Cyberlink rep can give us an ETA on when an Audio Add-On pack will be available for the PowerDVD 8 and PowerDVD8 Deluxe users.
Go to: