Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello!

Would someone here be able to look at my DxDiag and tell me if I can support version 19? I'm currently running 17, but ran into an issue when I updated 17.. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling 17, sans update. I would love the latest version, but before I make that leap, I want to make sure it will work properly.

Thanks in advance!
A quick update:

I decided to try and play a standard DVD instead of a Blu-Ray. It loaded, and began to play just fine. Then I got an error saying that parts of PowerDVD were 'corrupted' and to uninstall/reinstall. So I did just that.. reinstalled what I initally downloaded back in 17, so this is sans any updates. So far it works perfectly fine. I would like to upgrade, but I'm hesitant that I'll run into the same issues.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Quote I found your Intel GPU driver is a relatively old version, which released 1 year ago.
As Windows 10 keeps releasing updates to screw up many other programs, I suggest you update your driver to a recent or latest version from either Intel or HP.

Unfortunately, it is highly possible that HP might be lazy to include new Intel driver for its PC users. To solve this, you should contact HP for new driver support.

After driver task is clear, check the playback again.
If it still failed, contact cyberlink support.

Ok, I went and ran all the windows updates, as well as running updates from Intel directly. Would you mind taking a look at this updated DxDiag and tell me if that driver is updated? I'm not too savvy when it comes to this stuff. The error still occurs.. but I'd like to know if I need to contact HP, or if I should contact CyberLink directly. Thank you!
Hello,

Hopefully I can find a solution to this issue. Yesterday I downloaded and installed updates to PowerDVD 17. I also downloaded and installed the BD Advisor, as well as changed the wallpaper in the program (probably doesn't matter, but mentioning it nonetheless).

Ever since doing that, when I try to watch a DVD/Blu-Ray, I get a 'Catastrophic Error' message. I've used PowerDVD for several years and have never had any issues until this happened. Any ideas for troubleshooting this issue? Could it be something with my computer needing an update itself? I'm attaching my DxDiag for reference.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Livio
Quote Surely you can, but you have to connect one monitor directly to your video card, i.e. not use a docking station. The connection needs to be closed and secure to play protected DRM content according to the Blu-ray Association content protection specs.

Docking stations might claim to be HDCP compatible, but the compatibility is not very trustworthy and the hardware quality is varied.

Dave

Ok, I will try that.. thank you!
I am getting an error when trying to watch a blu-ray disc. This is only happening when my laptop is hooked up to a docking station to which 2 Dell HD monitors are hooked to.

Here is the error I receive:

"CyberLink PowerDVD cannot play back the protected content.

Try one of the following solutions to solve the problem:
1) Make sure your graphics card driver meets the minimun requirements. (You can find additional information on the CyberLink FAQ web site)
2) Do not use dual-monitors to play back this movie (Clone Mode). - (Error code = 0122)"

I'm not using clone mode, as my second monitor is an extension of my main screen.

Surely I should be able to watch a blu-ray on one of these monitors.. can anyone provide any help or troubleshooting tips?

Thanks in advance!

Livio
Go to: